Search results

1. tregg

Realplayer Problems

I tried this and it went nowhere, had to uninstall it. Firefox IMO is junk also. Other FF add ons claiming to be the latest thing say they are not compatible with the current FF. WTF! severalinks on FF just send you in circles also. I wasted hours messing with it.
  2. tregg

Realplayer Problems

Can anybody help me with my Realplayer downloads? On Youtube the download button pops up. I click on it and the downloader opens and the bar showing download in progress starts. It finishes but the icon you click on to show the video only has a grey arrow thing on it-unlike when it's...
  3. tregg

imbalance?

Thanks all. This especially is good info!
  4. tregg

imbalance?

I've heard two licensed electricians refer to the white wire as carrying only the imbalance as if there's not much shock danger there. My foreman though said the imbalance acutally burns worse than the black wire. That's in a simple series light bulb circuit. So if you were to bare the white...
  5. tregg

Romex®

Ok and I'll say copyright when I say romex also
  6. tregg

excessive condensation cause?

re You mean the unit was running too cold? What would cause that?
  7. tregg

excessive condensation cause?

What makes a refridge or air conditioner put out excessive water? Two instances at the large store where I work. One of those soft drink coolers by the cash register was dumping water on the floor right next to another just like it that wasn't. I checked the pan under it and it was...
  8. tregg

the fishing trip and facing your fears

Two guys went on a two week fishing trip. They rented everything, the rods and reels, tackle, boat and motor, cabin. The first day out they caught nothing. Second day nothing. Third day still not a fish. This went on for the whole two weeks until the last day when one guy caught one fish. As...
  9. tregg

iphone pics won't load

Any ideas on why I can't get my collection of pictures on to my iphone? At one time I could but then started getting the message that there was not enough space on the phone to put them all and (somethng like) in the future photos won't be synced. Now I have more than enough space to put the...
  10. tregg

life of a metal arc lamp

What is the longest you could expect a mercury or metal halide lamp to last? A person I know showed me a lamp in his lot that he says has been on since he took over the property in 1996. The photo switch is not working so it never shuts off. It looks rather dim but it's on. And he says two...
  11. tregg

goose manure

Our town has a goose problem-I don't think we're the only one. They pollute the sidewalks and grass in picnic and playground areas so bad people don't use them-so why are we paying tax dollars for the upkeep of these places. I've started a campaign to find out what to do about it. I'm asking...
  12. tregg

no sound

I fired up my old compaq desk top to use downstairs and it worked fine but no sound. Last time I used it there was sound. SoundBlaster Live card. I checked all the muting/volume, driver, and all is ok there. I reseated the card, borrowed some other cards, checked the speakers and lines-still...
  13. tregg

Water? in the bottom of furnace/AC cabinet

I think I got it-the installers left no clean out access so I had to drill thru the pvc and when I ran a snake all the goodies came out. thx for the advice
  14. tregg

Water? in the bottom of furnace/AC cabinet

I went to change the air filter and noticed an inch of water standing in the bottom just below the squirrel cage fan. I don't see any drain hose at that level so I take it somethin ain't right. I wonder where's it coming from and what to do about it. I guess I'll drill a hole in the side at...
  15. tregg

spalling concrete

Thanks Jim!
  16. tregg

spalling concrete

What are the remedys for spalling concrete? It's in my basement but not on a load bearing wall. It is next to the stairs going up and is on the edge of the attached garage so there is earth on the other side of it.
  17. tregg

What's with this?

What kind of fitting do you use when you run separate conductors into a box? Romex connectors don't clamp down on the wire. Thank you.
  18. tregg

gas line install

I'm doing a kitchen remodel. Are there any products other than black iron pipe to run natural gas to the cook top? I don't have a pipe threading tool and I don't like the idea of running back and forth to the Home store Thx !
  19. tregg

Wall-Nuts

These little splicers called Wall-Nuts do they have to be in a box in all applications? How about if it's in a wall going to a small appliance outlet? Thank you
  20. tregg

two circuits in one box?

Can I put a lighting circuit on off switch in the same box as the small appliance outlet on my kitchen counter?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks