Search results

1. kissiffer4

Sewer Inspection Report - Advice Needed!

Hey all, we are quite far along in the process of buying a house and got the sewer inspection report back today. When we met with the inspector he seemed to think a proper cleaning would suffice. I know very little about it, however, and have some concerns around potentially uncovering more...
  2. kissiffer4

Any advice on my dining room wall?

Hi, Advice on here has been fantastic in the past and I would really appreciate some advice on what appears to be quite a serious problem. One of the walls in our dining room appears to be bowing somewhat. At least, I think that is the term for it. I have attached a photo of the problem. No...
  3. kissiffer4

Sprinkler backflow preventer - leaking through the top on certain zones

Hi, I recently started up my sprinkler system and having got past the first hurdle (replacing a valve), the backflow preventer is now causing problems by leaking a ton of water through the top. Strange thing is, it is only on certain sprinkler zones that it is happening. I cycled through each...
  4. kissiffer4

Need help identifying the part..and how to fix :)

Hi, As a complete novice when it comes to this sort of thing, I could really use some advice. I have attached a couple of photos of what I believe is the valve of my outside pipe that is split. Can anybody point me in the direction of what part I need to buy as a replacement and possibly the...
  5. kissiffer4

Novice...need some advice...loud screeching toilet

Hi, Got a bit of a problem with our old Kohler toilet. Not sure how old it is (photo attached), but whenever we flush, it starts to make a loud screeching noise just as it is finishing filling up. I have read that it might be a valve problem, but after looking up the part number (kohler 51329)...
  6. kissiffer4

Drip from under the kitchen sink - how to fix?

Hi everyone, I was having a clean out beneath the kitchen sink today and found a slow drip. Luckily I had a bowl there that caught all of the water, but if you look at the attached photo, you can see where it is leaking (around the middle). Any suggestions on how to fix this much appreciated. I...
  7. kissiffer4

Odd hot water behavior in bathroom & washing machine - Help!

Hi all, We have a hot water problem in our apartment from various faucets (hot water going cold, turn off and on, same problem - hot water going cold) and after investigating, here is an outline of the various scenarios: * turn shower faucet upstairs on hot - water comes out hot then goes warm...
  8. kissiffer4

Need new hot water heater - suggestions?

Hi, I need to have our current h/w heater replaced. It is a 40 gallon AO Smith gas heater. A plumber suggested a 50 gallon high recovery h/w heater, but didn't suggest a brand. Any suggestions? He also quoted $2,000 (incl. tax) for the installation (incl. his purchase of a h/w heater). I...
  9. kissiffer4

Hot water problem - Found the cause, but not sure how to fix - Please help!

Hi, We have had a strange hot water problem for the past year (since we moved into the apartment). If I run the hot tap in the bathroom (and every other room), the water stays hot for 30 seconds then runs warm/cold. If I turn it off and on again a half a minute later the same thing...
  10. kissiffer4

Hot water - Washer/Dryer problem...?

Hi, Have an issue with hot water and and any help really appreciated. We had a problem with our hot water whereby the hot would turn cold very quickly in the our two baths - one downstairs and one upstairs. It would stay hot for a minute or two then run cold. Turning off the faucet for...
  11. kissiffer4

Strange hot water problem! Help a newbie!

Hi all, We just moved into the top two floors of a brownstone in Harlem. Exciting stuff, however, I am starting to realize what life without a super is really like. I'm a novice when it comes to plumbing and here is our first problem! Any feedback would be really appreciated. When we run...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks