Search results

1. WorthFlorida

Want to upgrade from Hydrotek 1114 to Orbit B-hyve

I had a neighbor cut out the zone valve, tie it all together but he had a small canal behind his lot and installed a 2HP irrigation pump. Glad I was able to help.
  2. WorthFlorida

Multiple leaks uponor pex 2012 home

Where do the leaks actually occur? At the fittings, the compression rings, or anywhere along the pipe?
  3. WorthFlorida

Bathroom remodel: completely replace CPVC or Tee off of it

What pushes PEX is it's cheap, easy to install, fast installation time, easily coils up in the work truck. I'm sure there are a million homes with PEX without issues, so what recently changed?
  4. WorthFlorida

Odd residential tied-breaker setup for 120v branch circuits

I was replacing corroded outlets at my parents condo in Maui. Right on the ocean all things turn green from the salt air. I was getting a tickle from one outlet. It was a multiwire and the other circuit was on and the tickle was from the shared common. Fortunately only the microwave was on...
  5. WorthFlorida

Bathroom remodel: completely replace CPVC or Tee off of it

PEX will leak before CPVC ever does. Stay with CPVC. My home is 15 years old, all CPVC and no issues. You home with 27 year old CPVC and did you ever have any leaks? https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/multiple-leaks-uponor-pex-2012-home.107400/page-4#post-771289
  6. WorthFlorida

Deck mount faucet on free standing tub with no access panel

A picture would help or a model number. Several different ways. Free standing tubs are very large, you may run out of hot water as it fills. A slow fill may be necessary. https://images.signaturehardware.com/i/signaturehdwr/421586-Ryle-freestanding-tub-faucet-BN-Beauty10.jpg?w=1425&fmt=auto...
  7. WorthFlorida

Very strange short cycling

Thanks for the update. In the first post you wrote the tank was 22psi. Was it a typo? For a 30/50 the tank empty it should be 28psi. You mention the cut in was increased but it didn't help. Possibly the new foot valve is not closing and water is going back down the well shown by the pressure...
  8. WorthFlorida

Sewer smells in and around house

YouTube makes it impossible to copy anything for Copy Right protection. I took a screen shot So the video name can be searched on.
  9. WorthFlorida

Pressure washer won’t stay on

Always run the washer with running water, otherwise you do damage very fast. Without the wand connected, you'll be in low pressure mode, there is a bypass valve without any back pressure. Once there is enough back pressure the valve moves. You'll hear the difference. If the wand has multiple...
  10. WorthFlorida

The rapid on/off indicates the bladder is broken causing the tank to completely be full without any air to hold a steady pressure. It probably what burned out the other motor. Did water spit out the Schrader valve? If yes the tank bladder is broken.
  11. WorthFlorida

Does the pressure tank have a bladder? Did you completely drain the tank, set the pressure before turning on the pump? Is this one of those all in one pump and tank setup?
  12. WorthFlorida

Sewer smell. Wife freaking out. Need help!

I asked because I'm following another post with similar issues but it spreads into the living area. A smoke test is about the best way to find the source of the leak. At least you found a good plumber.
  13. WorthFlorida

Pressure washer won’t stay on

At first before powering up, did you purge the garden hose? Did you let the water run until water came out of the wand? If not, possibly it seized up a bit and did damage. Doubtful it happened. These small electrics do have a pressure switch so when you stop spraying with the wand the motor...
  14. WorthFlorida

Completed my 4th clinical trail chemo session. 4/3/24. All things seem stable

Completed my 4th clinical trail chemo session. 4/3/24. All things seem stable
  15. WorthFlorida

Sewer smell. Wife freaking out. Need help!

Was the source ever found? Sounded like a cracked CI vent pipe.
  16. WorthFlorida

Sewer smells in and around house

What is the type of pipe from the home to the septic tank and the DWV? Is there a vent for the septic tank? Is it a well insulated home with tight windows? Is it worse when the dryer is in use? Having all Windows open might make it easier to sniff out the leak. Is the sewer pipe under the TV...
  17. WorthFlorida

Old contactor different than new contactor wiring help

24vAC coils have no polarity, they work either way. However, the second yellow wire is probably going to the fan motor relay.
  18. WorthFlorida

Solar Hot Water Stainless Steel Tank size

Common sence and more is not always better. First it's the weight. 119 gallons of water is 992lbs, plus the weight of the tank. Then you need a floor that can support thatvweight. Physical size is another. You need to be able to lift and move the empty tank through door ways and stairs such as...
  19. WorthFlorida

Question about Washing Machine Vent on Same Drain as Laundry Sink

This what you want to achieve. This vents both traps. 8' is the max distance to the vent with 2" pipe.
  20. WorthFlorida

Water Softener For Dishwasher

When water conditioner first came out, Pelican had a nice web site with good info. Conditioned water was still hard and left spots but were easily removed wiping down the surface. dIY bust was concerned about the sodium added with a softener.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks