Search results

1. Yngwie_69

Side by Side bathroom new reno venting?

Which is better? and is this proper? (note there are no other fixtures in the bathrooms)
  2. Yngwie_69

Water pipe sizing flush valves

Is there a code for a certian amount of flush valve toilets where you have to increase the size?
  3. Yngwie_69

Recommend a toilet in Canada

We live in a place where water is not an issue and we dont have water meters installed on are houses, the company i work for does not know anything about toilets, and they order mansfield toilets, I guess cause they are cheap, Im looking for a alternative to that which is a decent price to...
  4. Yngwie_69

Basket strainers and kitchen sinks

When a sink comes with the grey plastic basket strainers, do you guys use them? or use the stainless ones? and when a basket strainer comes with the rubber gasket, do you use that or putty or silicone? and when a kitchen sink comes with the peel foam strip around the sink do you use that or...
  5. Yngwie_69

Condensate drain tankless hotwater tank

Help me with condensate line, I was told to just run it through the wall outside, but i hear storys of the line freezing and plugging up. and i heard the condensate eats away abs pipe. I put a neaturalizer filter inline, and a over flow if it plugs up, there is a floor drain close by to, if...
  6. Yngwie_69

Cast to ABS fitting?

Whats the proper connection for this joint to joint, I find a mj clamp dont work so good cause of the diff in OD, Once you start getting in the 3 or 4 inch, the mj sucks!
  7. Yngwie_69

kitchen bathroom 4" vent/drain?

Think this is ok? or is there a better way of doing it? i know that back to back kitchen and basin is sketchy, so i just stuck an auto vent there. I probly should of vented the inbetween the connections and looped it up to the 4". Quick sketches of how you would do this, oh and there is one...
  8. Yngwie_69

Reasons why a Heat exchanger would plug up?

Im changing a 13 year old heat exchanger in a furnance, and was wondering why it rusted and plugged up in the first place? Its the second heat exchanger with the smaller fins.... My only guess would be if the unit was slopped backwards and condenstate built up there
  9. Yngwie_69

Carrier Furnace Rollout switch keeps tripping HELP!

Have a carrier furnace, draft inducer comes on, glow stick lites up, burner comes on then blower then the flame rollout switch trips 2 mins later. I checked with the company and it is a L250, ordered and replaced it, same thing. Blower runs fine, its a 2 or 3 stage furnace. Theres 4 wires...
  10. Yngwie_69

Is this ok... stand pipe, laundry tub, bar sink, shower plumbing

Is this ok for venting... bar sink and laundry tub are back to back
  11. Yngwie_69

Laundry Drain top and main floor tied in together?

Please tell me i can do this
  12. Yngwie_69

2" stack vent for 6 bathroom groups 2 washer machines

My boss asked me to do this in a small appartment building.... This just seems wrong. Am i safe with two 2" stack vents... 3 groups per vent
  13. Yngwie_69

Toilet bathroom vent help with pic

help can i do this
  14. Yngwie_69

Tee or wye

Im curious about this situation, please help. and explain why
  15. Yngwie_69

Hot water tank, whats cheaper to run?

I live alone and have a bath everyday, I have my tank set so I only need to turn the hot water one to fill the tub which uses 3/4s of the tanks water. Would it be cheaper to turn up the setting so i use 1/2 cold and 1/2 hot when filling the tub which im assuming would use 1/2 the tanks...
  16. Yngwie_69

Chrome P-traps

To get a good seal on the trap does anyone use teflon tape? I hate metal to metal connections on drains. Or is my boss just buying cheap ones? Are there ones with the beveled end coated in teflon? or a rubber gasket?
  17. Yngwie_69

Cast to ABS, Copper to ABS Clamps

I'm wondering what people use when going from cast to ABS, or copper to ABS. I have my ticket, but in are town we are limited to what we can get locally. I find the clamps i have used even if specified CU x PL clamp, never go on straight. The OD of one pipe is always bigger I always find...
  18. Yngwie_69

Worst thing you have pulled from Toilet?

I had to pull a toilet and remove a full thing of garlic, by then I had snaked it a few times and crushed it a bit. Garlic and #$#) dont smell to good together. Could not eat garlic for months after
  19. Yngwie_69

Sharkbite Questions Code Leaks hate em like em

For the life of me I can not get any reliable info on sharkbites. I hate using them and only use them when I have no choice. I live in B.C. Canada Can someone answer these questions for me. Does code accept them? Behind walls? underground? Soft Copper? I told my boss I dont...
  20. Yngwie_69

New hotwater tank, fizzy water.

This has happened twice now. New hotwater tank installed, and get a callback saying water is white. Go there to find out that there are millions of micro bubbles in the hot water. Fill a glass and its milky white, let it sit for a minute and it clears up. Anyone else have this problem?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks