Search results

1. abernat

New boiler/indirect tank confusing water softener?

I have a water softener that performs on-demand regeneration based on the amount of water we use. Ever since we replaced our old water heater (gas-fired) with an indirect tank off a boiler, we have been regenerating every 2-3 days. Looking at the softener diagnostics, it thinks there is a...
  2. abernat

Odd question: 3-handle thermostatic valve?

My wife and I like the "classic" look of a 3-handle valve, but I'd prefer to have a thermostatic valve. I could swear that I have seen a valve that provides both, with the handles controlling temperature, pressure, and showerhead/tub instead of hot, cold, and showerhead/tub. Does this ring a...
  3. abernat

Small bathroom design help

I'm planning a gut and redo of our downstairs bathroom. The room is small - 6'8" deep and 6' wide - and I'm planning on taking it down to the studs and starting over. We'd like to put in a toilet, sink, and shower; a tub is not necessary. I've got two rough layouts that I'd like comments on...
  4. abernat

Boiler decision - help wanted

Some background: I own a 1600 square foot house in Madison, WI. When we bought it it was set up as a two-flat, upstairs and downstairs. Each floor is heated with a boiler and cast iron radiators. The current setup is a pair of Bryant (?) boilers, 112K BTU in and 93K BTU out. I have no idea how...
  5. abernat

Moving a toilet flange?

Yet another "how do I move this" thread. We have a toilet with a 14" rough-in. We're looking to replace the toilet (on a budget), and instead of getting a cheap 14" toilet it seems that it would be easier to shift the closet flange back. I have full access via a basement to the plumbing...
  6. abernat

Tight quarters toilet recommendations?

Howdy, all. I'm remodelling our upstairs bathroom. For reasons that I don't understand the toilet is placed opposite a chimney (from the hot water/boilers in the basement); thus, we only have 44" from the toilet-side wall to the facing wall. As you can tell, this is pretty short. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks