Search results

1. Al G.

Bathroom electrical

I'm planning the circuit for a new basement bathroom. I have a 20 amp circuit dedicated to just this bathroom. I have a 4-gang box with switches for a vanity light, shower light, exhaust fan and light built into the exhaust fan. My understanding is that the shower light needs to be...
  2. Al G.

Who Builds a Shower Pan

I'm tearing out a preformed shower and want to replace it with a custom mud base pan. I don't think the drain needs to move but I suspect the connection needs to be different. Should I be looking for a plumber or tile setter to make sure the drain is correct and to build the pan? I'm going to...
  3. Al G.

Linear Drain

I want to put a linear drain in a new shower but the existing drain location requires an outlet offset to one end. The only offset design I've found is Kerdi. The dimensions on that are perfect but I'm wondering if anyone else has an offset design.
  4. Al G.

conductor length

I know conductors have to be long enough to extend 6" beyond the face of the wall box. Is that measured on the conductors entering the box or does it include the pigtails added for connection to the devices?
  5. Al G.

Basement HVAC

I've had two well-known HVAC contractors quote installing ducts for my basement finishing project. I have a hybrid heat pump/propane furnace for heating and cooling. Both contractors looked over the job site, looked at the manufacturer labels on the equipment and proceeded to sketch out their...
  6. Al G.

Wet Bar Outlets

I'm installing a wet bar in my basement. The bar will be about 10 feet long with a sink about 3 feet from one end. I'll be installing three outlets above the counter, all GFCI protected. There will be a wine cooler below the counter about 3 feet from the sink. It will have an outlet in the...
  7. Al G.

Basement Bath

My basement has a typical 3-piece bathroom rough-in. The vanity and toilet are along one wall and the bathtub drain is along the opposite wall. The stub out for the vanity tees into a 2" PVC that goes into the floor and a 1 1/2" PVC extends vertically to tie in with the vent in the laundry...
  8. Al G.

Circuit Question

I'm adding some shoplights to my garage and am running EMT conduit from a new switch to the fixtures. Because of the switch and fixture locations, the most efficient plan is to run the conduit up the wall from the switch to a 4" box on the ceiling and then branch in 2 directions to the...
  9. Al G.

Basement Rough-in

My house was built with a rough-in for a basement bath. There is a 2" PVC stub coming up from the concrete in the tub location and a 3 1/2" PVC stub in the WC location. In the lav location is a 2" PVC coming up from the floor with sani-tee and stub for the lav drain. It reduces to 1 1/2"...
  10. Al G.

Gas Line Union

Several months I had a backup generator installed. The plumber ran a copper pipe from the outside propane tank to inside the basement. Then he installed a union to black piping across the basement and out to the generator on the other side of the house. Now I'm planning to finish the basement...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks