Search results

1. M

deep well questions

After fighting my shallow well, I've decided you guys were right and I need to get a deep well drilled. The 1st contractor I met priced it at ~$11K for a 300' well. While I know prices vary, I wondered if some of you could give me advice on what I need to be sure of when choosing a drilling...
  2. M

concrete well casing

Thanks Valveman. So the rope is just to prevent the pump from falling to the bottom of the well? The weight of the pump should be carried by the pipe? Is the "jumping" of the pump something I should be concerned about? The elbow has popped loose twice in the nine years I've been here. I don't...
  3. M

concrete well casing

Thanks for your help. I think I'm going to try to patch this one while I save money to get a deep well done. I'll monitor it regularly to see if the contamination comes back. One thing I've noticed, though. When the pump kicks on, the pipe leading up from the pump "jumps" a bit. What is the...
  4. M

concrete well casing

I recently had my well water tested and it came back positive for e coli. I believe the source of contamination is surface water entering the well through the line that feeds the house. To confirm this theory, I dug a 12-18" hole above the pipe to the house just outside the well apron. I ran a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks