Search results

1. Penny Porter

Why would NIBCO/CPI Durapex PEX split (lengthwise) and leak?

We have already bit the bullit and replaced all the pipes and repaired everything that was damaged, but are having issues getting insurance at a reasonable rate. Our plumber donated his labor when we replaced all of the pipes, so we would not sue him. We are the builder, so we would not sue...
  2. Penny Porter

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I totally understand. It was a nightmare for us, even though my husband didn't get a concussion! Our insurance company is not renewing our policy due to the claims even though we have replaced the pipe. We are having to pay more for insurance...
  3. Penny Porter

Mark, I am very sorry to hear that you are also having problems. Was the pipe labeled NIBCO? We had our hot water pipes replaced (all of them!). Our plumber donated their labor which was awesome and the plumbing supply donated the pipe which was also wonderful. This was after we spent about...
  4. Penny Porter

Reply to Denise Hello Denise, I am not sure how class action lawsuits work. However, I would doubt that anyone but the lawyers get anything. That being said though, it is not right that the manufacturer should get away with this. I think that there is strength in numbers, and we should...
  5. Penny Porter

Update Our plumber is going to begin work within the next week to remove all of the pipes in the house and replacing them. I will be posting more photos of those pipes. We will, of course, be saving them all.
  6. Penny Porter

PEX photos These show the identifying information on the pipes. The splits look just like the ones in the other photos on this thread.
  7. Penny Porter

Installing Plumber When we had the third leak, he called the local distributor where he purchased the pipe and told them they had better call the manufacturer because this was defective pipe. Next morning, we had a visit from the wholesale sales rep (Sunbelt Manufacturing) and the local...
  8. Penny Porter

re picture and location of splits We will post pictures from a different computer...splits are almost identical to the pictures already posted on this site. They are no where near the water heater, and have occurred essentially in about three different areas of the house - they are not in the...
  9. Penny Porter

Nibco Pex Problems We built our house in Rock Hill, SC 3 years ago. We had our first hot water line leak about a year ago. Since then, we have had 6-7 episodes of the pipe splitting. Chubb group has denied our claim. This has done major damage to our house, and the whole house will have to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks