Search results

1. R

Remodeling Assistance

Showers Are there any issues with having the shower completely enclosed. I think the majority of showers I have seen have at least one wall not go completely to the ceiling. I could see where this allows the hot moist air to escape the shower. Is it necessary to leave one wall shy of the...
  2. R

Remodeling Assistance

I appreciate your help jadnashua. What are you refering to when you say "no D-face, C or better"? I plan on looking for the deflection calculator on John's site I saw it once but coundn't find it the other day. Back to the floor if there are small cracks ie. where the plywood comes together...
  3. R

Remodeling Assistance

Tile Floors I had a few questions relating to putting the subfloor back down and preparing it for porcelain tile. I am familiar with John Bridge forums but figured since I have an account here it couldn't hurt to post my questions on this site. For replacing the area I cut out of the subfloor I...
  4. R

Remodeling Assistance

Drain lines I had a plumber come out and look at what I wanted to do. He said there was two things he could do. One would be to run a 3" line to the tub and reduce down to a 2" for the tub drain. He said this would serve as a "wet" vent. Then the 1-1/2" drain would for the shower would tie into...
  5. R

Remodeling Assistance

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all of the advice. The main reason I was driving to DIY is that plumbers in this area or in extreme demand. Looks like I will just wait till I can get in touch with one. I will post an update when I found out what is needed. Thanks again!
  6. R

Remodeling Assistance

By looking at what I have does anyone have any suggestion on what I should do??
  7. R

Remodeling Assistance

Thanks for the response Jadnashua even though it wasn't what I was hoping to hear. It difenately is never as easy as one originally thinks! Since the old drain is 1-1/4" I can only assume codes have changed since then (1965-1970's) requireing the sizes that you have outlined. Is it absolutely...
  8. R

Remodeling Assistance

Current Photos Photos of the current plumbing.
  9. R

Remodeling Assistance

Hello All, I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I am in the process of remodeling the master bath in my home which is on the second floor. I have attached the pic. of the old layout and the new layout (both floor plan and vanity plan). I would like to do as much of this as I can...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks