Search results

1. Mikeiii

Valve to Faucet Extension

The extension piece shown in the photo is leaking. It's 40 years old and I want to replace it. What can I use in it's place? Thanks Mike
  2. Mikeiii

Looking for a metal showerhead slide bar

I'm having trouble finding a showerhead slide bar that is all metal. It's hard to tell from the descriptions. I ordered a Hansgrohe, the bar was metal but he escutcheons had plastic covers. I'm looking for clean modern chrome bar 24"to 30". Any suggestions on where to look?
  3. Mikeiii

How to make room when adding a Sweep in ABS sewer line

My garage is under the bathroom where the need drain is being installed so I have access. It looks like the pipe needs to go into the sweep about 1.5" for the glue fitting. That means I need to be able to move the pipe an extra 1.5" to insert the sweep. The problem is there isn't enough room...
  4. Mikeiii

Raising a Sink Drain

I need to raise the master bath sink drain for a new vanity. The image shows the current setup. 2" drain pipe with a 1.5" vent above it. I would normally just add a piece of 2" ABS but there are wires running between the pipe and the wall. It would fit better to use 1.5" ABS for the extra five...
  5. Mikeiii

Where to Put Shower Head

I am going to put in a doorless shower. It seems natural to put the shower head on the wall across from the opening. The current plan is for the floor slope to start where the glass ends. There will be a linear drain next to the wall across from the opening. -Is this shower large enough for the...
  6. Mikeiii

Low Flow Shower Fixture (California Compliant)

My understanding is that showers in California now need to be 1.8gpm. I used a Hansgrohe 04230000 S pressure balanced faucet in the last shower I remodeled years ago. I was going to use the thermostatic version of the same valve in my next bathroom. When ordering online they will not ship a...
  7. Mikeiii

Cast Iron Jacuzzi Deck mount Tub Removal

I have a 30 year old deck mounted cast iron jacuzzi tub in a bathroom that I am remodeling. Since it is in perfect condition and only been used a handful of times I thought I would try to remove it in one piece. It is located above the garage so using a floor jack with a 4x6 post it was easy to...
  8. Mikeiii

Should you use a PEX stiffener with CTS fitting?

Do you need to use a stiffener when connecting 1/2" PEX to a CTS fitting? Below is the fitting and stiffener I'm referencing. The SeaTech fitting doesn't come with the stiffener and the salesman says you don't need them and they don't sell them. I've seen videos that use them. I'm confused. Thanks
  9. Mikeiii

Fitting to connect Kitchen Faucet supply line

I have an RV with a no name kitchen faucet. The RV uses 1/2" PEX plumbing. I plan to use Shark Bite fittings to Tee in an accumulator to the cold water source under the kitchen sink. Problem: The existing system uses an male plastic "elbow" fitting to connect to the faucet cold water supply...
  10. Mikeiii

Moving Shower Vent

I want to remove the wall in green which currently has the shower vent running up thru it. The distance from trap to vent is about 12" and trap to 90 Degree in existing sewer line is 4 feet. Will this configuration meet code? Thanks
  11. Mikeiii

Is this shower drain to code?

Can a shower drain be added to this existing washing machine drain? The pink pipes in the diagram would be new? Thanks Mike
  12. Mikeiii

Moving a shower drain

In order to remove a shower wall that contains the shower drain vent I need to modify the shower drain. The photo shows the existing plumbing: 1. A washer drain, trap and vent. This routes under the shower pan and down its own pipe under the wall to be removed. 2. The existing shower trap...
  13. Mikeiii

What is the brand of this shower valve?

Attached is a photo of my shower valve. Can someone tell me the brand? I'd like to to buy a new valve and replace all but the brass housing behind the tile. The housing is exposed and we are going to re-tile. However it is a big bother to have the water turned off in my condo. Is this...
  14. Mikeiii

Baseboard heater valve replacement

Hi I have a baseboard heater valve with a broken stem. The nut to remove the stem is frozen. My plumber was unable to loosen the nut holding the stem in place and didn't want to remove the valve because he was not sure he could find a replacement. ( The system is 55 years old). Does anyone...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks