Search results

1. RayP

Under Sink Help

Great way to fix this I plumbed my entire house after a fire. I bought a real good book, Stanley Complete Plumbing by pros for pros. The author details how he plumbs kitchen sinks, which eliminates several common issues. You basically run the two drains to a double Y placed on the back wall...
  2. RayP

2 GFCI receptacle ?'s

Not really.. The NEC makes it very clear that it is NOT law, is NOT meant to mandate anything. The AHJ (authority having jurisdiction) MAY mandate and enforce the NEC, in part, or in whole, or not at all. For example, although we are in 2009, and the most recent code edition is 2008, New...
  3. RayP

AC Cable to NM (ROMEX®)

Yes You can as long as you have the correct ground. Easy way to do this is replace your box and grounding electrode, and also the service cable. This sounds hard but is not. You can pay to have an electrician do it for $500-$1000, where I am (upstate NY). Homeowners can do it themselves...
  4. RayP

Misc Residentual Code Questions

consider a feeder.. If I could redo my complete house rewire, I would use a feeder and put a panel near the kitchen. In fact, I will likely do this this summer. This feeder is a 240vac line, at least 10awg, better 8 awg. You can then run seperate ckts to each appliance, without having to...
  5. RayP

Opinions needed??? PEX or Copper??

Thank for saying that A good craftsman is careful to pay attention to details, but not too many details. Forgive me for saying this here, but plumbing is not rocket science. Neither is soldering. I can teach the basics of soldering in about 2 minutes. After a couple tries, you can solder...
  6. RayP

Toilet paper holder

Easy choice for me I don't like anything that I can't reach easily. That means I want the toilet paper in front of me and at chest level. I have found two holders I like. One I love. The like one is a stand with a weighted base that uses a standard spring loaded roll holder. The one I love...
  7. RayP

Source for tempering tank

Thanks guys! Yes, a tank that holds pressure but without insulation. I will check out your suggestions.
  8. RayP

Not necessarily I would look for someone who can solder copper. That may be a welder, but it could also be a librarian. :)
  9. RayP

Pex manifold: copper or plastic

No... It was Zurn. Not sure but I think there are probably only a few manufacturers and everyone puts their own name on it.
  10. RayP

Source for tempering tank

I searched and did not find this addressed. Where can I find a suitable tank for tempering before water heater? Most info I have read uses a gas water heater with the insulatin removed. But there must be a source for a tank for this purpose, right?
  11. RayP

Pex manifold: copper or plastic

Plastic bad I pexed entire house and tried to use the pex manufacturer's manifold which was plastic. It leaked, I replaced it, it leaked, etc.. I finally bought two coppper manifolds with valves and compression fittings. Smooth sailing.
  12. RayP

My 2 cents.. I had a house fire in 2006, requiring a complete gut and rebuild, including electric, plumbing, walls, flooring, joists, ceilings, etc. I got several quotes on the plumbing, and all quotes were for pex. So when I decided to do it myself, I used pex. I have done a fair amount of...
  13. RayP

2 GFCI receptacle ?'s

No Promlemo The NEC applies to new construction and remodels that require permits, in general, and ultimately this depends on your local codes situation. In my opinion, you can add a GFCI. Now, the best way to do so: either switch or outlet is fine. Whatever is easier to route to your preferred...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks