Search results

1. R

stop-gap for clogging sewer line

Thanks. I will hunt up Bio-Clean. Oh, hey, Terry sells it. Well, that was easy.
  2. R

Well, yes, he just snaked it out to city line with huge cable and 4" cutter. I'm just wanting to keep line open 'til he gets back.
  3. R

I am turning to this estimable forum because I have always found the people here really know what they're talking about and have been of help over and over again. Fifteen years ago we replaced the main sewer waste line from our house to the city line and then about 5 years ago, after repeated...
  4. R

what did low-flow mean in 1987?

thanks to all Apparently they slapped this fee on the water bill that you can only get removed if you are inspected and they see you only have 1.6 (or 1.28 toilets). But it's only $4/month so it will take a lot of flushes to make up the difference in water savings. It's good to know though...
  5. R

thanks, Terry! I knew you'd knew. Now city insists on 1.6 so I'm probably looking at two more Totos unless a better option has come along since I installed the last one.
  6. R

I have two Koehler Rialtos (K-3402 7) installed in my old house. They are dated 11/25/87 and were probably installed early in 1988. I know at the time they were considered low-flow because that was mandated back then but I am having a hard time proving this to the local water Nazis who have...
  7. R

how to specify faucet to plumber

thank you all! Since I am in California, too, I would be affected by Prop 65 in any case. I think I will just tell my plumber I would prefer Delta or Moen and maybe suggest non-binding models, and let him get me whatever he can find at our local Hirsch. Since the bathtub in the same room has...
  8. R

how to specify faucet to plumber

Our bathroom faucets (on two side-by-side sinks) are failing (impossible to turn off entirely) and we have been told by three different plumbers over the years that they cannot be repaired. Apparently they are some whacko Italian brand that was installed 20+ years ago. So this means new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks