Search results

1. Handymaner

Bathroom remodel...need to move breaker box?

I’m planning a bathroom remodel. The bathroom will expand, taking over a closet in the hallway. Problem is, the main breaker box is located in the end wall of that closet. After the remodel, it will be inside the bathroom within a couple of feet of both the sink and toilet. Ive seen other...
  2. Handymaner

Too much cycling

I have recently finished installing a Lochinvar Night. Here's a link to the sizing thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?48047-Heat-load-calc-help I went with the 85000BTU size. It's cycling too much (according to the smart control 127 hours/640 cycles for space heating in...
  3. Handymaner

Heat load calc help

Heat load calc help--8/19 Starting Install Hello: I'm about to pull the trigger on a new boiler/indirect water heater. I've narrowed it down to the Lockinvar Knight, just need to decide between the 80000 and 110000. It's a 2500 sq ft house with half in a daylight basement, in Anchorage...
  4. Handymaner

I drained the system...and NOW I have water hammer????

I had to replace the shut off valve for the supply to the dishwasher. It was dripping under the sink. Aggravating, it probably hadn't been turned but a couple times it's whole life. Anyway, I shut off the water from the main supply in the basement, drained the system from a nearby hose bib...
  5. Handymaner

Please check this over before I bury it!

Here's a prior thread about what I'm doing: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23384 Here's pics of the (finally) completed job: This was cut prior to the wall and runs down about 6 feet.
  6. Handymaner

Cleanout or No??

Cleanout or No?? (more questions) I'm not sure whether I need a clean out or not. I am rerouting my main sewer exit. Right now the line crosses at about 5', and it's a pain to duck under it. I am going to run it down the wall, bury it under the floor for about a 9' run. The joint...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks