Search results

1. B

Cistern to pump plumbing

Thanks alot speedbump. Will do.
  2. B

Cistern to pump plumbing

Yes it is the suction line that is reduced from 1-1/4 plastic to 3/4" galvanized just before the pump. It does have a check valve in line just before it reduces and I replaced it which improved the level I could pump down to. A foot valve is merely another check valve with a strainer meant to...
  3. B

Cistern to pump plumbing

I am an elderly single man so I guess I mean it works to supply my needs and has for twenty years. I will replace the 3/4" reduction to 1-1/4" as you suggest but the cost of replacing the entire line,which goes under an asphalt road and approximately 110 feet,is cost prohibitive. I likewise do...
  4. B

Cistern to pump plumbing

Yes,I totally agree (pumps push better than they pull), but this system has been here for twenty years and worked okay till recently. My main question was why they rerduce down from 1-1/4" to 3/4" about 14 inches from the pump inlet.
  5. B

Cistern to pump plumbing

Hello.I have an 1800 gallon underground cistern for household water supply,located across the road in a unheated pole barn (my house is on a river bank). The pump is located in a crawl space under the house which makes for a very long suction line. The suction line at the tank is 1" galvanized...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks