Search results

1. K2

Kerdi proofing

Hey guys, i posted over on John Bridge forum too, and I am looking for a seattle based contractor that can mud a utility shower pan and curb, and kerdi proof the walls and ceiling. You can Pm me directly or reply here.
  2. K2

Rain Barrel Pumps and Recirculation

Thanks! I was hoping the answer was that easy
  3. K2

Rain Barrel Pumps and Recirculation

Hey Guys, I'm hoping this is the right forum for this, but we have a pretty big backyard organic garden. Our rain barrels are far enough away that I need additional pressure to be able to water the garden, and we add some organic nutrients to 'bolster' the water, some times combining it with...
  4. K2

Wire Humidistat Directly to Dehumidifier

Big2bird, can i ask a follow up question: in the picture below, the clip on the right is the 13/14 (co-joined) and the one on the left, as marked is the blk8. Can I simply push the wire from the thermostat through the holes and let the clamps compression fit each one, or would I have to splice...
  5. K2

thanks for your help big2bird
  6. K2

Thanks for the reply. I did validate it is rated for 'line voltage': The H46C Humidity Controller is used with portable and central unit dehumidifiers to maintain relative humidity. The H46 has an spst, snap-acting switch designed for line voltage circuits and two leadwires for switch box...
  7. K2

Hello, I need some help wiring my humidistat to the dehumidifier. I'm using the H46C from Honeywell, and I have a Santa Fe Impact dehumidifier. The humidistat is in the basement finished room and the dehumidifier is in an adjacent unfinished portion of the basement. It is ducted to the...
  8. K2

240V Timer Switch

Hey guys, I need a bit of help understanding a diagram. I want to hard wire my 240 circuit to a timer, then wire the outlet from the timer, I don't want to assume with this one :) I'm hoping the L and 1 are the hot supply, and the X and 2 are the line TO my outlet. Question is, do I have...
  9. K2

Basement Insulation

so is there a trick to the tapcon pre-drill? because the drill bit they gave me lasted about 5 holes and now it's completely useless, i can't drill any further than 1/2" into the concrete and the screws are 2 3/4", it's driving me crazy.
  10. K2

Basement Tile

on my first floor, i pretty much cut 6" slats of plywood spaced them 3/4" apart and used a router to make arches in the plywood so they weren't really sleepers, it was essentially custom routed plywood as you can see here in the pic. I did make sure each CBU board NEVER touched or ended over...
  11. K2

Basement Insulation

great! Ok, great, thanks for all the advice I appreciate it, I took the week off to get started and it's wednesday already and I haven't done ANYthing! i'm anxious to get started!
  12. K2

Basement Insulation

great info! Thanks Dana, I have some R13, and R21 cotton batting left over from the first floor, so the R21 can definitely be split by depth. I will be installing hydronic radiant heat (an extension of my 1st floor system) throughout the basement, so 2 follow on questions: How...
  13. K2

Basement Tile

Thanks the only moisture trouble I have experienced was two fold, a chimney that I ripped out: Problem Solved and my basement door/walk out...but that was during the 2008 '100 years rain' we had here in seattle, my back yard is clay so it doesn't drain well and the water just pooled to the...
  14. K2

Basement Insulation

Great! Thanks for the reply! I was taking some measurements tonight, and that chamfered edge isn't present in all circumstances, to be honest this whole house is just 'a little bit off' in every measurement and angle. So some places the sill sits flush on a flat concrete wall, in some...
  15. K2

Basement Tile

Thanks! Thanks John, I read a PDF from the John Bridge tile forum that talks about using cork or foam and they seem somewhat close in their heat loss prevention properties. You're right, there must be hundreds of opposing opinions on this subject.
  16. K2

Basement Tile

Hey guys hoping someone might have insight into tiling over xps rigid foam board? Part of my basement remodel i would like to tile most of the basement. Right now its just a slab below grade, so i was hoping to put xps down then plywood sleepers and radiant, then cbu, ditra the tile. Owens...
  17. K2

Basement Insulation

A lot to take in! OK! Thanks for all that information, I've read it about 6 times now, and I'm hoping I'm getting the gist of it. I think you're what you're saying isn't too far off from my original plan. For the record, I planned on using 2" XPS, but just to be absolutely sure, i took a...
  18. K2

Basement Insulation

thanks! Thanks for the reply, I was toying with that idea, but I saw a few videos mention the XPS AS the vapor barrier, and taping all the seams for full coverage. I like your idea, i'm just concerned I would then have to vapor barrier the entire wall after insulaton (I've used Ultratouch...
  19. K2

Basement Insulation

Hey everyone, you were a big help during my 1st floor renovation, I even had Terry's crew come install the Aquia 2 dual flush with soft close seat in the new bathroom, it's a great fixture! I took a year off and now i'm hitting the basement. I read the Building Science articles and have read...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks