Search results

1. Scubasteve

I think I killed my shallow well

No, I haven't ordered anything. I still need an impeller. The local place sells them but I don't think they have them in stock either, I have to call them today. Do you have a means to get them? I think I'll get the impeller but not run it until I can get a hot stop switch, It might not fix...
  2. Scubasteve

Oh yeah, how much can I get a thermostat switch for? I was thinking of something like that.
  3. Scubasteve

Sorry, I guess I didn't give enough details. I have a 1 1/4" PVC all the way down, no casing, check valve is at the top of the well pipe and about 9' horizontal pipe from the check valve to the pump, angled downward. When I run the sprinklers, there's no air spurting out anymore like it used to...
  4. Scubasteve

*** UPDATE *** new problem Wow, it's been a while. My wife got on me to fill in the hole in our yard after abandoning the well/pump and our grass died. For the hell of it, I decided to reprime the pump and see what happens... I now have more water than I need. Don't ask me how, I haven't done...
  5. Scubasteve

Thanks for the advice valveman. I grew up on well water and deep in my mind I really hate paying for city water to drink much less water my lawn so that will be my last resort. What doesn't add up is the fact that i could get a decent amount of water out of it before with the same exact pump...
  6. Scubasteve

I just got back with the hand pump. I can get quite a bit of water up the pipe but not all the way to the top. When I remove the pump and check valve there's quite a bit of suction when it washes back down. I can run a garden hose throught it at about 8 gpm and eventuall it comes to the top...
  7. Scubasteve

update I couldn't take it any more so I went and broke the well open again and re-measured. I'm down 36 feet with a 6' sand point and the last 13 feet is water. I'm off to find a hand pump to see if I can develop it a little before work. Wish me luck Steve
  8. Scubasteve

well... what to do? So I'm still stuck wondering if I should keep trying this. Am I better off trying to get water from the original well location with the new sand point, abandon it and try a new location (since I know there's water down there), or give up on the thought of a shallow well? Any...
  9. Scubasteve

How does my new shallow well sound?

I'm no expert... But I'd say you're doing pretty darn good, that pump is WAY overkill, and how long can you pump 15 gpm from there? How much can you pump with no restriction on the outlet? LUCKY!!!!
  10. Scubasteve

OK, my old shallow well was putting out 5 gpm with a little air mixed in, while designing my sprinkler system I got greedy and wanted more water so I put a new meyers hj100s 1hp jet pump on it and it didn't get much better, if at all. I pulled the old well pipe out of the ground and it was 38'...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks