Search results

1. welljet52

How does my new shallow well sound?

Well, you'll be glad to hear the pump is mounted inside my shed. You wouldn't even know that I have a well. All the pipes go thru the shed floor and straight into the ground. :cool:
  2. welljet52

No problem, all I have to do is turn this bad boy on and prove them wrong.:D
  3. welljet52

Ok, here goes: Motor and pump model: k48a34a06, SJ20 Motor amp rating: 9.4 Motor max amps: 13.9 Irrigation results: Zone #1 with 3 heads: 82psi, 8.8 amps Zone #2 with 5 heads: 75psi, 8.9 amps Zone #3 with 6 heads: 71psi, 9.1 amps Zone #4 with 9 heads: 49psi...
  4. welljet52

Well, I've got the pipe layed out, just need to glue it together and drop in in the trench. I'll have it done today, i'll test it and let you know. It's hard getting anything done here with the heat. I can work for about 10 mins then have to take a break. You know, for a 2 hp, 2 stage pump...
  5. welljet52

I checked the amps and it's pulling about 1 amp less than the tag states for running amps. Besides start up, it never goes over the amp rating.
  6. welljet52

Bob, So are you saying plugging the bottom hole could harm the pump or motor? I'll get a jet kit if needed. When you say it's not capable of making the pressure I stated, are you talking about while the water is running or the shut off pressure? I tested the irrigation system today...
  7. welljet52

The pump shuts off at 85 psi. Everything else is true, you can doubt it all you want, those are facts.... My calculations tell me that if I run the pump for 2 hours a day it'll cost about $12 a month. Don't know about you, but 12 bucks aint much to me. Sure beats a $225 water bill, and I...
  8. welljet52

The 15 GPM is during the first 20 mins or so, then the flow slows down... I guess the better way of saying it would be 750 GPH I have a pressure gauge right under the tank, wouldn't this be tank pressure? Other than that, the tank was already pressurized when I bought it. Do you...
  9. welljet52

Will a 1/2 horse run my 4 sprinkler zones (separately)? I have 5 heads per zone. My lot is a 1/3 acre. The two sprinklers i'm using are just to experiment with. I imagine the pressure will be quite a bit lower when i'm actually running the zones. I plan to hook up the whole system this...
  10. welljet52

Since the pump is oversized for the well, will this shorten the life of the pump? Also, it's a deep well pump. I have the bottom hole plugged instead of installing the shallow well conversion kit. The guy I bought it from said this was ok. By doing that am I reducing what the pump is...
  11. welljet52

I'm not sure what a cycle stop valve is or how it works. My pump stays on when i'm using it, it doesn't cycle until I shut the water off. It gets close at 80 psi when sprinkling but it doesn't cycle. I'm starting to think I really didn't need a tank......
  12. welljet52

I've let it run for a hour non stop while filling a 750 gallon pond. The flow slowed down a little after about half way and the pressure dropped to 50 psi. That's with an open garden hose. With 2 good size sprinklers hooked up it holds 80 psi for as long as they're on (2 hours is the longest...
  13. welljet52

Just got done with my new well. Here are the stats: 11 foot deep 3 foot well screen 4 1/2 foot to static water level 1 1/4 supply 2 hp 2 stage goulds pump 2 gallon diaphram tank 15 gpm at 70 psi pump shuts off at 85 psi pump starts up at 60 psi I plan to use it with an irrigation...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks