Search results

1. rockosani

Sewage ejector-water table problem

Pit2 I'm sure I was making more of it than I should but we're not all experienced plumbers... though I do know enough about it to have passed at least oneinspection. However, when I hit moving sand I was more concerned with that than I was clear enough to see that I could lift the basin a bit...
  2. rockosani

The water is flowing... I’m on an aquifer and it’s a sandy soil… dirt, clay then sand… that began eroding back under the clay since the water is moving. I filled the voids with concrete from the floor removal and that seems to have stopped the erosion. I think I know what to do to get...
  3. rockosani

Lower? I was thinking of a shallow pit... like 24"... to stay above the water table and just catch any floor water that may filter in. If I put it lower and flush wouldn't it constantly receive water from the table and never stop running? If I set the float higher I still have a pit of wet and...
  4. rockosani

A river runs under here also... This one will be in a room also so looks don't count. Can I add a p-trap with a backflow to use my effluent pit as a basement sump also or would you recommend a seperate pit for that... I have had nothing but water problems here because of a high table, all the...
  5. rockosani

Good idea... Thanks... I think that'll work since I can't force more gravity over it the 2x4's can replace it. I think this whole valley is nothing more than a back-filled river bed. I guess I don't need concrete under it... just around the sides? I was thinking of cutting a metal trash can in...
  6. rockosani

Thanks... hope you meant a 12" hole The hole filled with 8" of water in about 10 minutes so what's the chance I could pump it down for any length of time to do some concrete? I don't mean to be dense here but doesn't water seek it's own level fairly fast?
  7. rockosani

Hi... I purchased a Little Giant Sewage Ejector Simplex Package... and that was the easy part. I'm trying to add a full bath in a basement that is about 4' below grade but when I dug the hole for the container... about 27" down... I hit water. Now I have about 8" of water in the hole and it's...
  8. rockosani

Sewer transition, backflow & cleanout

Great... what's the proper transition piece to connect a PVC riser and cleanout to the older cast pipe?
  9. rockosani

Sewer transition, backflow & cleanout

I have a 4" cast sewer line and want to add a cleanout & backflow just outside where the line exits the house... about 3' underground. Can I remove a section and use PVC and, if so, what is the proper connector for the transition... a stainless steel clamp? I could never understand why a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks