Search results

1. Rsmith99

Freezing washing machine

Yes, it would kinda hokey. I guess a quick partial fill every couple of hours will have to do.
  2. Rsmith99

Freezing washing machine

My house was replumbed in the attic. The washer is on an outside wall. The pipes have foam insulation and about 18” of blown insulation on top. I just need a way to drip the faucets when not in use, but still be able to wash clothes when needed. Repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting the...
  3. Rsmith99

Freezing washing machine

We are going through about a week of 5 degree or less temperatures. I have the heat turned up, space heaters running, and faucets dripping. But my cold water line to my washing machine keeps freezing. Is there a way to hook up the water lines so I could drip them? I don’t want to have to keep...
  4. Rsmith99

I need to correct a p trap

Everything from the wall, to that first down elbo is glued. I’d rather not redo that if I don’t have to.
  5. Rsmith99

It’s leaking because the gaskets need to be replaced. But the main thing is the p trap is backwards.
  6. Rsmith99

I unclogged my sink today. The blockage was a little past the wall. The fittings are old, and won’t seal now. And the p trap is backwards. Can anyone tell me the correct fittings to connect from the end of the glued pvc fitting to the sink down pipe so I can get the p trap going in the right...
  7. Rsmith99

Washing Machine Hoses

Basic question, but can you recommend a quality washing machine supply hose? Thanks!
  8. Rsmith99

CPVC pipe glue on PVC

Fixing a sprinkler system made of PVC. I purchased some Oate CPVC glue instead of PVC. The can says it works on both, but the glue was kinda lumpy. The lumps seemed to go away when I stirred it. Is the CPVC glue ok for PVC? Thanks!
  9. Rsmith99

NDS Slip Joint Pipe Repair

I'm getting ready to install an NDS Slip joint pipe repair part in my sprinkler system. Is there a flow direction for the part, or can it be installed either way? Thanks!
  10. Rsmith99

Which Washing Machine Supply Lines?

I did a search on washing machine supply lines, but didn't get any good results. I know I need the stainless braided hoses, but which ones? The reviews are all over the place. Thanks!
  11. Rsmith99

Washing Machine water hammer

I have an expansion tank on the hot water tank. Is it worth the expense to have a pressure regulator added out by the city water meter? I think it would be about $350.
  12. Rsmith99

Thanks Terry! Is that the brand you recommend?
  13. Rsmith99

I had to have my house replumbed when my polybutylene pipes failed. I now have PEX everywhere. The water main was not changed. The water pressure has not changed (75psi). First thing I noticed was my Toto toilets had a hard time stopping. I had to turn down the shutoff valve to reduce the...
  14. Rsmith99

Join 4” PVC to 4” flex

Trying to join 4” PVC to 4” flex for a bathroom exhaust vent. Is there an adapter for this?
  15. Rsmith99

Dishwasher Supply Line

I noticed my dishwasher supply line is just plastic. Probably ten years old. Is there a brand of stainless braided supply line that is better than the rest? Thanks!
  16. Rsmith99

Which fill valve for Toto Gwyneth?

Can a pressure regulator be installed outside, below ground?
  17. Rsmith99

I can’t change the City pressure. My house doesn’t have a pressure regulator.
  18. Rsmith99

Might be worth a try! Thanks!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks