Search results

1. twilitemoon

Bathroom sink drain question

So, the drain is plastic. It is the plastic speed connect drain from American Standard. We had no clue that we would run in to this problem. How do we go about getting a brass drain? There are metal speed connect drains from American Standard -- would that remedy the problem, or is it also an...
  2. twilitemoon

The sink drain stopper is fully up. Hmm, I'll try to explain the best I can. When we run the water, the water does drain easily; however, there is always a ring of water that gets caught around the drain (the part of the drain that is in direct contact with the sink) -- the drain is not flat to...
  3. twilitemoon

My husband installed a new faucet in our bathroom sink. The faucet looks great, however, when we run the water, it does not drain completely, but rather pools around the bottom of the sink. It's a small amount of water, but nonetheless, it's annoying. Is there something we are doing wrong?
  4. twilitemoon

Replacing Rubber Gasket

It turns out that the black was from the corrosion of the Moen drain fixture. My husband removed it yesterday, and it was quite evident that the metal was corroding. He put a new one in with plumber's putty and other than a little putty that needs to be cleaned up, it' done! Thank you all for...
  5. twilitemoon

Replacing Rubber Gasket

It turns out that the black was from the corrosion of the Moen drain fixture. My husband removed it yesterday, and it was quite evident that the metal was corroding. He put a new one in with plumber's putty and other than a little putty that needs to be cleaned up, it' done! Thank you all for...
  6. twilitemoon

Replacing Rubber Gasket

I'm not sure if it is the finish. It seems to be coming from under the silver part of the drain that is in direct contact with the tub. At this point, I really don't know whether to contact a plumber, or have my husband attempt to take apart the drain. It's tough to know what to do on a tight...
  7. twilitemoon

Replacing Rubber Gasket

How much would it be to replace it? It's so frustrating. The fixtures in the house are very cheap. We were going to replace all of the faucets, but we never fathomed we'd replace the bathtub drain. My husband has never replaced a bathtub drain. He's very handy though. I'm not sure if he should...
  8. twilitemoon

Replacing Rubber Gasket

I've looked up toe touch stopper, and I don't think that is what we have. In order to pop the stopper up and down, you have to push and pull a lever on the spout in the bathtub.
  9. twilitemoon

Replacing Rubber Gasket

I am not sure what a Toe-Touch, pop-up drain stopper is, since I am really inept at anything plumbing, but I can tell you that every plumbing item in this house is made by moen. Because I am so horrible at explaining anything in terms of plumbing, I'm going to show you via picture where the...
  10. twilitemoon

Replacing Rubber Gasket

Now I am really confused. Ok, here are the pictures I posted before for identification. The black around the drain is remarkably better than typical, since it was after a lengthy session of scrubbing. Whenever we Tilex the bathtub, it gets worse. I have no clue if it is the rubber gasket...
  11. twilitemoon

Replacing Rubber Gasket

Now I am really confused. Ok, here are the pictures I posted before for identification. The black around the drain is remarkably better than typical, since it was after a lengthy session of scrubbing. Whenever we Tilex the bathtub, it gets worse. I have no clue if it is the rubber gasket...
  12. twilitemoon

Replacing Rubber Gasket

The house is five years old. The tub is on the second floor, so I know we'd be able to see a major leak if it happened. I am more concerned about the potential of a minor leak that is not as obvious. I have no clue why the gasket would be worn so much. If the black is not the gasket, I am not...
  13. twilitemoon

Replacing Rubber Gasket

I posted a week ago about a black ring around the shower drains in the home we moved in to. Not knowing that was causing it, I tried using Tilex on a couple occasions in an attempt to clean it up. When that didn't work, I posted on this forum board and was informed that it may be the rubber...
  14. twilitemoon

Replacing Rubber Gasket

I posted a week ago about a black ring around the shower drains in the home we moved in to. Not knowing that was causing it, I tried using Tilex on a couple occasions in an attempt to clean it up. When that didn't work, I posted on this forum board and was informed that it may be the rubber...
  15. twilitemoon

Black Ring in bathroom sinks and bathtubs

I'm really not sure how to tell if they are or not. I do know that the house was built in 2003, so I'm not sure if that will help or not. The tub itself is one piece with the shower, if that makes sense -- there is fake grout. We are dealing with a leak in one of the tubs. Four days after moving...
  16. twilitemoon

Thanks for the fast reply. Just to clarify, I should replace the rubber gaskets with plummer putty? I am concerned that with all the bleach I used, I've greatly worn them out. Could this lead to a potentially bad leak? How hard is it to replace the rubber gaskets in the bathtubs and the sinks?
  17. twilitemoon

Here are two pictures of the black rings. They were a lot worse, but I've been scrubbing them for days. It seems that bleach aggravates them. When we spray Tilex to clean the tub, it definitely exacerbates it. The rings were present when we moved into the house. It takes a lot of scrubbing to...
  18. twilitemoon

I really don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but I thought I'd give it a shot. My husband and I just moved to a house. We noticed that all of the bathroom drains have this black ring around it that just won't come out. I poured bleach down all of the drains and tried...
  19. twilitemoon

Icemaker

Until I have it replaced, is the water leaking in there dangerous? The apartment complex I live in told me that the water is filtered, but I really don't know if that means anything. I have a newborn baby and my husband is deployed, so I just don't have the time to extensively clean the fridge...
  20. twilitemoon

Icemaker

The icemaker for my refrigerator leaked all over it. I turned off the water to the icemaker and it is still leaking a small amount. If someone would be so kind to let me know if I need to do anything more, that would be great. Also, we had not used the icemaker for four or more months, and even...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks