Search results

1. creepyoldguy

which pex tool to get?

So I bought Viega fostapex line in 1/2" and 3/4" and viega fittings. I have been trying to decide what to do about the tools. I can rent a nice Viega set for $25/day or attempt to buy my own kit. I found a Zurn crimp set but I'm not sure if it's proper to use on Viega parts. Are there universal...
  2. creepyoldguy

bad connection?

I'm putting in a shower with a 3" drain and noticed that the 90 degree fitting that goes up to the drain was not connected all the way in to the drain pipe. There is about a 1/2" gap between the lip of the fitting and the end of the pipe that is inserted inside of it. There is probably a little...
  3. creepyoldguy

Wrapping PVC for concrete pour

I get conflicting opinions from people about this, so hopefully you guys can set me straight. I searched previous threads and couldn't get an authoritative "do this" answer, so... I'm installing sewer pipes for a new shower, toilet, and sink. all of these need concrete poured over them. Due...
  4. creepyoldguy

levelling pitch on sewer line

I've got a long run of 4" line that has been installed and awaiting burial for awhile. upon checking it with a level I noticed that the pitch is all over the place. There is precious little fall to work with on this particular project, so it all has to be uniform. Now I have this problem that...
  5. creepyoldguy

7 1/8" of fall for my 105' sewer line

am i totally screwed when it comes time for inspection? there's so little fall that i can't even get the whole thing going downhill. it's ridiculous.
  6. creepyoldguy

crazy plumbing problem

i live in austin, tx, and i've got a plumbing problem that's getting to be absurd. my line doesn't have enough fall to get to the street at 1/4"/ft. not even enough for 1/8". basically no matter how much i tweak the thing... and it has been countless tiresome hours of tweaking... it always has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks