Search results

1. FlyBoyd

Proper Wiring in Attic

When trouble shooting a roof leak in the attic I came across some exposed wiring i.e. 3 wire 14 AWG Romex connected with wire nuts. I have two lights that are controlled by one switch for my back porch. . After tracing each it looks like the second light was run off the lead to the first...
  2. FlyBoyd

Extra long toilet flange?

Thanks Ted.. I have seen the ones you pointed out. I guess the follow on question is how much overlap the flange and drain pipe do I need? I have always used "half" the piece/fixture as a good rule of thumb, but with the deepset stuff what would you all do? How much overlap is enough...
  3. FlyBoyd

Extra long toilet flange?

Remodeling the master bath. After removing the previous flange I am left with a 4" drain pipe that is (will be) 2" below finished floor grade. Does a flange exist that I can use with this setup or will I have to break out the foundation and replace the drain pipe so it is closer to flush...
  4. FlyBoyd

Caping off toilet line

What is the proper way to cap off a toilet sewer line? We are expanding a utility room into the space where a poorly placed/designed powder room now exist. The water line will be used for a refrigerator ice maker but the waste line needs to be capped. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks,
  5. FlyBoyd

DIY HVAC Ducting?

Hello all, I have recently purchased a house built in 1993. The previous owners replaced the air handler in 2003 and the heat pump is still doing well and under a home warranty. My question is about my ducting. It is the older rigid ducting running throught the attic which I know is not...
  6. FlyBoyd

Venting Problem?

Herk, If by which sink you mean "What side of the kitchen sink?"...No...it gurgles no matter which side and only after the water has been turned off. If you mean any other sink ...no other sink makes the gurgle. Hose down the vent is next on my list. Cold front came through and the wind...
  7. FlyBoyd

Venting Problem?

Bump.........
  8. FlyBoyd

Venting Problem?

Update... Toilet vent mentioned above sounds (on roof) like the other toilets vent in the house. Other vent on this side of house is clear and I can only hear water running when utility sink is used. Neither the washer or the kitchen sink can be "heard" in the other vent. Tops of vents...
  9. FlyBoyd

Venting Problem?

More troubleshooting... In the right picture above if I remove one or both of the cleanouts the sink doesn't make a sound when any fixture mentioned above is operated. I snaked each one with negative blockage or even moisture. I could not get far going up though (18"). Shouldn't these be...
  10. FlyBoyd

Venting Problem?

Of course it helps if you attach the pics...lol
  11. FlyBoyd

Venting Problem?

I took a few pics to help clarify. Pic #1 is the sink as a whole. The other fixtures in question are to the right. Pic #2 shows the sink p-trap and two, just discovered today (thx winslow), cleanouts (foot vent?) in the cabinet to the right. Should I snake these? both directions...
  12. FlyBoyd

Venting Problem?

Hey guys...great site. I have looked for my answer but my situation doesn't fit any others I could find. In fact I may have two problems with the same line. I will provide as much info as possible anticipating likely questions I have seen on other post. Symptom: Kitchen island sink p-trap...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks