Search results

1. backwaterdogs

Sunroom addition

Hello everyone, I'm building an addition...a sunroom. It's 16x20 and will not be heated or air conditioned, so will be a partial use room. The room is being built on the west side of the house where I had planned on putting a deck, but decided to build a covered room instead. I...
  2. backwaterdogs

Toilet flange too low

Looks like I screwed up again. I roughed in the toilet flange and then set my tile floor, failing to realize that the flange would be too low. The flange is about 3/8" below the finished tile and when setting the toilet, the wax ring barley makes contact. Normally wouldn't mind...
  3. backwaterdogs

Exisiting electrical to barn and help to rectify

Hey, I have cabin near our primary residence that has electrical service. : Here you see the meter head and a 'sub panel on the pole outside of cabin. the breaker in this panel is 200a A close up shows two conductors and a neutral out one knockout and two conductors (but no neutral)...
  4. backwaterdogs

I know I should prolly cut this, but thought I'd ask first

Ok, I have hard time piecing in PCV for some reason, much harder than it looks! I put in this 2" ptrap and it's all glued in. I had already glued the street ell part of the ptrap to the drain line, but screwed it up and didn;t get it straight. When I put the trap part of the p in place, it...
  5. backwaterdogs

Question to rectify a stupid mistake!

Was almost too afraid to post this question, but since it's fairly anonymous, here it goes. Was rouging in a showerfloor drain, at same time finishing the area below. I ran behind on the drain and the drywallers below needed to move on, so I went ahead and got the ptrap and drain line in and...
  6. backwaterdogs

Can't get joint hot enough

Hi, My last fitting on this job of mine is connecting the supply, so lots of copper. The joint is all 3/4" and there is a ball valve about 8 or 9 inches away. I've tried to drain all the water out of the pipes and have really been pouring the heat to this damn thing, but can't the solder...
  7. backwaterdogs

Help with supply for Grohe Atrio Roman tub filler

Hello, I'm installing a Grohe Atrio roman tub filler faucet. The supply lines I have are 1/2" (but 3/4" not too far back). The inlet to the valves are and spout are all 3/4" and was wondering if the supply should also be 3/4". The rated flow for the faucet 13.2 gpm and it's filling a big...
  8. backwaterdogs

Plumbers putty on fiberglass/acrylic tub

Trying to get an definitive answer on this...maybe there isn't one. I have a jacuzzi mito tub to install and was going to use plumbers putty until I saw you are not suppose to use on plastic or porous material...says to use siliconized acrylic tub and tile caulk. What do the experts (i am...
  9. backwaterdogs

Please help! Leaking thread on shower valve

I have a kohler stacked thermostatic valve that was all roughed in and leak free and was about to start tiling over, but like an idiot, I decided I needed some shut off valves. Nothing was leaking before this. But, one thing lead to another and I basically ended up reinstalling the valve...
  10. backwaterdogs

Simple shower rough-in question

Hello, I have kohler thermostatic valve that I have roughed in, and I think all seems well, but wanted to check to what folks here think, before I cover it up and start tiling. Please let me know if you see anything awry with my installation..thanks so much!
  11. backwaterdogs

Confusion with copper, brass and bronze

Hello, As I am installing a Kohler k-14489 valve (not sure if the body is brass or copper), I have accumulated a mixture of fittings and am wonder which is best. The valve has female threads for hot, cold and the out and I plan to use male threaded adapter and sweat the copper to this...
  12. backwaterdogs

Is kester 60/40 solder ok to use

Hello, I am about to sweat some joints in a small job I have (shower valve) and have an old roll of solder I got w/ some other stuff at auction. The solder is Kester brand and 60/40 ( assume 60% lead), w/ Nosput flux. Core says 66 and diameter is .080. Not sure what the core number...
  13. backwaterdogs

Install of Kohler k-14489 valve

Hello all, new to this site, hope you can help. I am installing a shower valve onto plumbing already roughed in by my plumber as this is a bathroom project we are finishing on our own after the rest of the house was completed. The valve will be behind a tiled wall with no planned access...
  14. backwaterdogs

install of kohler k-14489 valve

Hello all, new to this site, hope you can help. I am installing a shower valve onto plumbing already roughed in by my plumber as this is a bathroom project we are finishing on our own after the rest of the house was completed. The valve will be behind a tiled wall with no planned access...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks