Search results

1. GreenTeam

Sillcock screw is stuck

That is extremely helpful, thank you! We'll start taking ours apart and see what we can see. Hopefully the problem is just the small screw that holds the handle on.
  2. GreenTeam

Sillcock screw is stuck

Thank you! I guess we'll hope it's the screw-in type. We can't find the corresponding pipes in the crawl space in that part of the house. Maybe they are behind a floor joist? Might be hard to get to.
  3. GreenTeam

Sillcock screw is stuck

Hmm . . . I think it is a frost-free valve, which would be inside the house. Does that affect the ability to simply replace the handle and screw?
  4. GreenTeam

Sillcock screw is stuck

Oh, and just to clarify, when you guys say "replace it" you mean replace the handle and screw, or handle and screw and valve, right? And the valve is the 2 or 3-inch long thing behind the handle? In other words, we don't have to deal with any pipes inside the house, right? (Sorry, we are...
  5. GreenTeam

Sillcock screw is stuck

Thank you! Thank you very much for your comments, everyone! Well, we thought it was just a problem of the screw needing to be tightened in order to engage the handle so we could turn it off. I talked to the guy at the hardware store and he thought maybe the problem isn't really about the screw...
  6. GreenTeam

Sillcock screw is stuck

The sillcock in front of our house is stuck in the "on" position. The handle just spins. We have tried to tighten the screw in the middle of the handle, but it won't budge. We've soaked it in WD-40 several times, even spraying some behind the handle. I'm afraid we'll strip the screwdriver slot...
  7. GreenTeam

Bathroom countertop backsplash

I talked to the contractor yesterday and got a better explanation. He said it would be hard to make it look good as the pebble is uneven, and that would kinda look funny up against the straight edge of the countertop below and the mirror above. Plus, there would be a lot of grout (ie empty space...
  8. GreenTeam

Thanks jadnashua! There is no outlet in the backsplash area. The current backsplash butts right up to the bottom of the mirror. So my best guess was that it might be hard to tile up against a mirror? Or maybe there isn't enough space to work with between the countertop and the mirror? As far...
  9. GreenTeam

So, no one can tell me if it is possible to use pebble tile, river rock tile, or any tile that has rocks in it, in the applications I described above? hj, you are saying that if we use a pebble tile that has uneven edges, water might get down in where the countertop meets the tile or grout...
  10. GreenTeam

geniescience, to clarify a bit...When the contractor came over to look at the bathroom and talk to us about what we wanted, I said we would like a pebble tile backsplash. He seemed to respond positively at that time, showing us how thick the tile would be on the wall. Then when we got his...
  11. GreenTeam

We are planning a bathroom remodel and have chosen a solid-surface countertop and sink. We are interested in a pebble tile backsplash. The current backsplash is 3 3/4 inches high. Above it is a large mirror that extends the length of the countertop. The contractor is discouraging us from...