Search results

1. dunstergirl

Single handle shower/tub valve recommendations for good flow rate?

Getting ready to renovate the bathroom and want to find a good quality single-handle mixing/diverter valve that will give us good flow rates at the tub AND shower spouts (before shower head). I was very unhappy with the flow rates from the Moen I put in my last bathroom a couple of years ago...
  2. dunstergirl

new tub, weird flange

OK, so I listened to your wise voices and bought a new tub (acrylic, white, my kid loves it which is all that counts, I guess). But it has a weird flange, NOT flat, 1/2" lip, then down to another 1/2" lip, then to tub. SO I am wondering: a) how to anchor it to the wall and b) where...
  3. dunstergirl

nasty old rusting nails

Renovating the bathroom. Have the old fake tile out and drywall, down to studs and the tub, which has finishing nails (rusting) holding the tub flange to the wall (as if). Can I take these out? Does a tub actually need those? As they are all sticking out a bit and seem to be adding no structural...
  4. dunstergirl

Toto ecodrake not filling

Has anyone ever disassembled the innards of a Toto tank? Crap in my water has created a clog somewhere in the works so that it no longer fills (no water comes out of the fill tube). This is an Eco Drake (the unit inside the tank is green). Before I take it apart I'm wondering if others...
  5. dunstergirl

couple of toilet installation questions

Hi all, I FINALLY got my Toto Drake and hope to install it in a few hours - first have to lay the new flooring (figured might as well get everything done at once). I'm NOT a plumber, just a DIY homeowner, though I have removed and then put back the old toilet once or twice. The...
  6. dunstergirl

Toto Drake in grey?

Was here a couple years ago doing research for our community hall, after which we bought 3 Toto Drakes and never looked back. Now I need to replace our home toilet, absolutely want a Drake, but unfortunately the original bathroom fixtures (tub, sink, toilet) are all grey. Is the "bone" option...
  7. dunstergirl

Recommendations for community hall toilets?

Hi all, We are looking to replace the original toilets in our 25-year-old community hall with low-flow toilets. After reading much here on this site and elsewhere, I am leaning toward either the Toto Drake or the Toto Ultramax as ideal for our needs (or perhaps even the EcoDrake or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks