Search results

1. P

I ain't scared of nuthin', BUT...

You know, I thought about it, but my electric bill was over $500 this past month, and I just couldn't swing it. But that's a whole 'nother topic for a whole 'nother forum! :OP Thanks CC!
  2. P

LOL! Yeah, there was. I thought he was gonna bust a gut getting that thing up - there was some sort of rubber bladder or something down near the pump and when he start pulling that through the 4" piece, you could just see that whole hose assembly putting on the brakes! HA! But, that said...
  3. P

The Resolution Okay, found a guy who would come for $160. He pulled the pump out, found that the wire to the pump had been abraided and had a bunch of bare spots. Replaced 210' of wire, and I'm gold again. Although, I'm gold with a 23-year-old pump down there ticking like a time bomb...
  4. P

Agreed, cacher_chick, and with me that time comes very soon after I twist the faucet and nothing comes out! HA! :OD
  5. P

LOL! I have 6 kids, so I'm outta luck w/ that! They're just going to have to expand their vocabulary!! Thank man, you've been a great help! I'll let you know how all this goodness turns out!
  6. P

Gotcha on the BIG IF*! :O) I know my limits with electric. I fiddle around with my multimeter some, but that's about it. As an interim, here is a kinda sad, but accurate, drawing of what I see coming out of the top of the well.
  7. P

Okay, thanks for the action items... I'll do some checking and see what's what - I really appreciate it. I just called a tech and they said it was going to be $200 minimum just to come look at it. I'm going to do ALL I can do on my own before I do that! Will check those things out and will...
  8. P

Worst Case Scenario IF the pump is bad (it's approximately 20 years old), how much would it cost to replace in a drilled well 300' deep? Any ballpark figures (in VA, if that makes a difference)? :)
  9. P

Hey LLigetfa! Well, let's see. Those are good questions. I had my wife listen down into the well for a few minutes while I opened and closed the contacts in the switch and she couldn't hear any "hum" or any noise. I'm not sure how to tell if it's drawing current or not? And I'm not...
  10. P

this well situation is starting to scare me! =O) Okay guys, here's the deal (on a well). 1) Water died this morning. 2) Water came back on for a very short time. 3) Water died again. 4) Pressure gauge is reading about 17 lbs. 5) Points are closed on the Water Pressure Switch. 6) Meter...
  11. P

Plumbest Brass No-Caulk Compression Drain

HELP! No matter how tight I crank down on this cotton-pickin' inner compression nut, I can still wiggle the 2" PVC pipe around or pull it out! I did put a touch of soap on the end of the pipe to get it to slide in without giving myself a busted lung - could that be the trouble? There can't...
  12. P

Split Durock Seams in a Shower wall?

Thanks Jim! I'll check 'em out! :)
  13. P

Split Durock Seams in a Shower wall?

Greetings and good afternoon! Firstly, I want to say I sincerely appreciate all of you who regularly dispense such good advice on this site. It has truly been an education! Thank You! My wooden frame for my shower is going to be about 3-1/2 feet by 48 inches. I'm going to use Durock...
  14. P

Sterling Vikrell 48" Receptor - Door Help

Okay - for the future reference of anyone who has this same question, I found a blow-apart diagram that shows both jamb configurations. In the PDF at this link, on page three it shows the non-tapered and tapered jambs. http://www.sterlingplumbing.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1034026_5.pdf Thanks...
  15. P

Thanks BMOD! That makes sense - I was thinking that the one set of frames was supposed to accommodate the tapered Sterling Advantage, and I couldn't see how in the world that could work. Thanks Again! Much appreciated! :)
  16. P

Good Evening! I bought a 48" Vikrell shower receptor from Sterling, and it's about 18" tall and the front opening is tapered from about 44.5" at the top of the opening to about 43.5" at the bottom. I want to fit this with a nice glass door, but worry about finding one that will fit that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks