Search results

1. Raeiken

1 1/2 inch yellow gas pipe

I have 1 1/2 inch yellow gas pipe running about 80 ft from the meter to a 400K pool heater. At both ends there is a metal compression fitting which transitions to metal pipe. I have had leaks over the years in both of these fittings. Are there newer type compression fittings available for...
  2. Raeiken

Fernco Donut

I need to connect some PVC to castiron. The castiron is 4" and the hubs were sealed with a rubber gasket. After pulling out the existing CI and the rubber seal, I used a Fernco PlumbQwik connector to put in 4" PVC. The connection seemed tight, although it could have been tighter. I decided...
  3. Raeiken

Busting Concrete and replacing Cast Iron

I had posted this over at John Bridge, but I thought I would post here since it involves plumbing, tiling will be later. I finished busting up concrete ( remind me not to do that again! ). Actually it wasn't that bad once I got the hang of it. I rented a Hilti and it went pretty well. It...
  4. Raeiken

Continually clogging kitchen faucet

My kitchen sink faucet keeps getting clogged with some sort of small white chunks. When I clean them out, I can smash them between my fingers. It only takes a day or two until the water flow is greatly diminished again. Any ideas of where I should start looking, or what this may be? My...
  5. Raeiken

Brass Nipples

I am just about done remodelong my shower. I have a couple of Hansgrohe body sprays. They required 1/2 inch nipples recessed 3/8 inch from the finished wall. after tiling, they are recesses slightly more that 3/8". The body sprays screw on and tight to the wall, but they don't seem tight...
  6. Raeiken

Pex underground?

I need to run 1/2 inch hot and cold water lines from a basement crawl space to a shed, the lines will run about 10ft underground. Can I use pex for this purpose? Thanks, Ron
  7. Raeiken

Long Drain Pipe for Toilet

I have a very large shed in the back yard ( about 18 X 30 Ft ) it is built on a slab and is really just used for storage and has pool equipment in it. I would like to Close off one section and put in a bathroom that would be used in the summer. To do this would require running a 4 inch...
  8. Raeiken

Thermastatic vs. Pressure Balanced

I am installing a new shower in my master bath. It will have several shower heads ( Regular, Handheld, Overhead, and body sprays ). I have been reading about mixing valves, everything I read says to go with thermastatic 3/4" valves. I am just curious about the difference and benefits of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks