Search results

1. TurboMan

Boiler flush - how often? Power flush?

Bought a home three years ago with two Raypak H3-01803 residential boilers. I know they are very old. Do not know when the previous owner had them serviced but they did look to be in good condition. Just wanted to know is this something a handy person can themselves? Or should the system be...
  2. TurboMan

Economical small septic tank for toilet and sink in pole building

Would like to add a toilet and sink in our new Equine barn which is about 300ft away from our house and about 250ft from our septic tank, Wondering if such thing exists. Or if there is another solution to this problem. Besides a "porta potty". After the septic tank It would not be difficult to...
  3. TurboMan

Help getting tub drain out

Changing out bath fixtures and having trouble getting the drain out. I have the drain tool but it will not fit. Is there a different tool that is needed. Using needle nose pliers has been unsuccessful so far.
  4. TurboMan

Black specs from hot water after doing plumbing work - 1 year old AO Smith hot water heater

What would cause grimy black specs coming from the hot water side after shutting off the water supply for a short time for plumbing repairs. Every faucet had it for about 1 minute of running after turning back on the water supply. Hot water heater is a 60 gal 1 year old AO Smith. All copper...
  5. TurboMan

Samsung dishwasher leaking on right side of door

Have a two year old dishwasher that just started leaking on the right side of the door. Also noticed water pooling in the bottom of it after a cycle. I tested the drain pump and it does run. Do not know how fast it is supposed to be but it sounded strong. When you start it up it is pulling water...
  6. TurboMan

Running water supply line outside pole building going under ground in freezing climate

Live in the Chicago suburbs and need to run a copper water supply line which needs to be on year round. Only option is to go through the wall to outside and then go directly underground. Once underground a few feet plan to convert to PEX. Pole building is kept comfortable year round so the pipe...
  7. TurboMan

3/4 water supply line - need to run another 120 ft to supply equine barn.

Adding an equine barn on our property. There is an existing pole barn which has a 3/4 copper supply coming into it. Water pressure is very good in the pole building. Need to supply the equine barn with good water pressure. Horses drink lots of water. The shortest run to the equine barn would be...
  8. TurboMan

Hole in well supply pipe going through concrete wall

Have water coming through a hole in a concrete wall where the well supply pipe is. Pipe is 1 1/2 inch diameter that almost feels like rubber. Water only comes through when well is activated. Hole is about 5 1/2 feet below the ground level. Going to hire someone to do this. Just wanted to know...
  9. TurboMan

2nd sink backs up when garbage disposal is run.

Have an issue when the garbage disposal is turned on the other sink shoots water out of the drain. Referenced this thread https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/garbage-disposal-plumbing-done-wrong.59911/ and followed the solution. May not look like it but the pipe from the dipodal to...
  10. TurboMan

Dual zone boiler cycling when only operating 1 zone

Have a dual zone residential boiler that is cycling about every 1 1/2 minute if only 1 zone is being used. If both zones are used temperature stays steady 120. If I only operate 1 zone temperature goes to 135, hear a click, boiler shuts done a few seconds later, and temperature drops to 100...
  11. TurboMan

Hydromatic SKV50AD1 float problem

Our SKV50AD1 pump has been running longer than normal. Usual running time is about 10 seconds. I find lately it has been running for 20 or more seconds. You can hear the check valve close which I think means the water has been pumped out but the pump keeps running. Before I tackle the messy job...
  12. TurboMan

Ejector pump location in basin

Finishing up my new bathroom: Is an ejector pump supposed to be placed all the way on the bottom of the basin? Or can you put something underneath it to raise it up? Reason for asking, whomever installed the sump system in my house put some bricks in the sump pit and the pumps rests on top of...
  13. TurboMan

what is the smallest diameter pipe that cab be used for a vent?

I'm roughing in a bathroom in a basement. The walls have 2" studs on them and they are pretty much butted up against the wall. I'm using standard 2" drains for the shower and vanity and 4" for the toilet. I am able to get a 2" pipe for the toilet vent. Can I use 1 1/2 pipe for the vent for the...
  14. TurboMan

Ejector basin question - water in new hole dug

Doing a rough in for a basement bathroom. We finished cutting the floor, digging the trench and digging out the ground for the basin late at night. Dropped the basin in the hole and called it a night. Woke up this morning and see the basin bobbing in the water. It is risen up about 4 inches...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks