Search results

1. Titan7

Howling siren sound when shower or toilet is flushed

Not sure this the right forum but in the house we just purchased, 2017 build, we noticed that there is a siren like sound when the upstairs or downstairs showers or any of the the toilets are flushed. the sound comes from the water main where the supply enters the house. I can also feel the...
  2. Titan7

Will a water softener system help?

I am getting so tired of the hard water deposits on everything. We remodeled the kitchens and bathrooms and we have to wipe down all the granite as if water drys it will etch the granite and leave a faint round mark, same on the stainless steel. I would like to be able to use the water and not...
  3. Titan7

Darn ceramic cartridge leaking again

I have a KWC Eve Faucet in the kitchen, installed 3 years ago. After year 1 we noticed a drip of water on the counter top under where the cartridge and handle are located. KWC sent a new cartridge, I replaced it used the plumbers grease on the I ring and reinstalled. Well 2 years later same...
  4. Titan7

Toilet tank bolt leaking

I installed a Toto Drake three days ago and I haven't been seeing leaking on the left-hand bolt it's a slow drip. I pulled the tank replace the rubber washers in the tank tighten everything back up again and this morning I've got dripping from the left side of the tank near the water supply...
  5. Titan7

Toilet install questions

Ok it's been a while since I have put one in. We just had the bathroom retailed on the first floor, the flange is 5/8" below the tile surface. So I used a thick wax ring with the plastic flange in it and a regulare wax ring. When I stacked them it was almost 2"which I thought was too much so I...
  6. Titan7

Installing a sink tailpiece

I installed the sink about a year ago, looked under the sink and the tail piece looks like it has a tiny leak where it threads into the drain (the part that attaches to the bottom of the sink). So I took it off and the p-trap, cleaned everything off. I applied some oatey pipe compount...
  7. Titan7

Water main leaking in front yard

2nd problem of the day. I noticed in the front of my house where the water line comes in the house and the hose bid is that the river rocks I have for ground cover are now under water and I can see the damp dirt around the surrounding areas. I am assuming I have a leak on the main suppy to the...
  8. Titan7

Installing a moen faucet: PVC gasket vs silicon

I am in the process of installing a new 8" spead Moen foucet on out new Granite vanity top. My concern was that the instuctions say to use putty to seal the valves and h2o spout in to the granite top. Plummers putty will stain the granite so then silicone came up. I started thinking that it...
  9. Titan7

Oops, I let the limeaway in the bowl for 2 hrs

I have a drake with CEFIONTECT, I use the limeaway to prevent any hard water build up. I was cleaning all three Drakes when I got a conf call and forgot about the downstairs toilet. I flushed it and there appears to be no issue. Toto recommends limeaway so I should be fine, I hope!
  10. Titan7

Need some shower doors

Anybody in So. Cal have recs for a good brand and installer? I have looked at Century Shower Doors and another Mfg from Lowes. I need to put bi-pass doors in with a header and bottom rail. Also, should only the outside seams be caulked so water will run back into the shower area? I think...
  11. Titan7

Toilet install

Ok, I don't know why I get so scared of installing toilets but I do. I just put in a toto drake yesterday all seems well. I used the std fluidmaster wax ring without the horn had always used the one with the horn but read here that the rings with horns can cause issues?? My flange is 1/16"...
  12. Titan7

How to install a shower arm correctly

Just finished with a shower remodel, I was going to install the shower arm, but since it's behind the tile now I thought I would ask first. My plumber did the last one but for $150.00 I thought I might be able to pull this off. He put some pipe dope on the threads and then wrapped 3 times with...
  13. Titan7

Toilet Flange install with new tile floor

Right now the top of my 4" ABS drain pipe is level with the top of the new subfloor. Tile installer said the top of the finished floor should be 3/4" higher. thin-set+1/4" hardy backer=3/16" + 3/16" thinset + 3/8" tile =3/4" Rather than drill through the tile to mount the closet flange...
  14. Titan7

Replacing closet flange, twist and set or glue on

2nd story bath, old flange cut off already. Should I use another glue on and replace the elbow or just use one of the twist-n-fit flanges that goes inside the 4" drain? I have used the ABS twist and set on another bathroom 4 yrs ago but my plumber is saying glue on is better?? I am tiling...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks