Search results

1. Master Plumber Mark

De-lime-ing tool for water heater

Just saw this neat little tool on another site and I have never ran across this idea yet.... to de-lime your older water heaters I am probably gonna have to buy one just to try it out .... its 50 bucks on Amazon...
  2. Master Plumber Mark

Anyone know what brand of faucet this piece of junk is???

if you can correctly name this one you win a box of cookies of your choice
  3. Master Plumber Mark

Terry...would you tackle this one??

I go out to give an estimate to a plantation house built in 1840 then added onto in 1863, then added plumbing into in 1918... He wants to tear out these 3 toilets and install tank type units.... Just wondering Terry if you are crazy enough to tackle this one?? I would have to somehow...
  4. Master Plumber Mark

Kohler Mastershower, anyone know about this piece of junk

This is a Kohler Mastershower faucet ..... anyone ever fool with one of these?? K-T9493 Mastershower trim
  5. Master Plumber Mark

Delta 1700 faucet repair tip

I thought I would pass this information on to the next poor sap that runs into this quirky issue with the 1700 faucet Installed a 1700 tub and shower faucet back in 2009.... get a call from the customer yesterday telling me he cannot get water to come out of the faucet , it has no pressure...
  6. Master Plumber Mark

Issues with rheem power vented heaters

We get into an air b+b house and its having major troubles with the water heater ...... I talk them into a new Rheem Power vented unit.... The install goes great,, then about 2 weeks pass and they start having intermittent hot water and the guests that stay there are all peeved about lukewarm...
  7. Master Plumber Mark

how much money will it cost to make this pretty again???

Terry, how much is this worth to make right if their actually is a way to make it right?? Like where do you start ???
  8. Master Plumber Mark

Remember to de-lime your tankless heater often

I went out to an air b+b house today to check out low water pressure in the home. guests claiming no pressure in faucets.....I called my rheem guy and he told me it was very possible that if the unit is not de-limed every year it could spit out a bunch of sand into the plumbing system....and the...
  9. Master Plumber Mark

I got lucky today-- I think

I looked at this mess on Sat morning..... this home was built back around 1860 in a very old and used to be plush part of town........ the cast iron stack cracked and leaking down through the finished ceiling wall into the basement upstairs their was an abandoned apartment that has not...
  10. Master Plumber Mark

How I love the "google plumbers""

When someone googles "plumbing repairs" ......and then totally destroys their own plumbing system..... and then argues with me about how to make repairs to their plumbing mess .. Terry , do you have this happen much up in beautiful Seattle???.
  11. Master Plumber Mark

Terry, you ever seen this junk before??

I guess I got to attempt to do something with this toilet sometime this week probably will attempt to change out all the guts and install a 2 inch flush assembly on the tank to get rid of this mess...... you ever fool with one of these yet??
  12. Master Plumber Mark

Federal shower faucet. Terry, have you ever seen this brand of faucet??

I thought I knew it all until I stumbled into this pig today.... From all outward appearances it appears to be a Delta or Peerless tub and shower faucet... I am thinking now maybe it is a Valley faucet.... but it is the very first one I have ever come across.... I had to cut the cam off the...
  13. Master Plumber Mark

Here is an idea for x-mas.....

Terry you got to think out of the box for X-mas...
  14. Master Plumber Mark

Thought I would let you know about this company...selling in your town

After 40 years of plumbing service & repair it is time to move on. Small two man shop doing mostly service and repair is looking for somebody that wants to buy an existing service company doing 1000+ service calls a year (without paying for advertising) in the heart of Seattle. If interested...
  15. Master Plumber Mark

Very poor install by home owner.... who will pay for future damages??

Very Poor workmanship by a homeowner installing a hybrid electric water heater..... Looks like he bought it from home depot... I like the home depot bucket being used for the condensation drain..... The water lines just hanging in the wind are a huge cause for concern to me.... I wonder...
  16. Master Plumber Mark

My day chipping off 40 year old putty

I got 5 toto toilets to install in a home built about 1940 on the north side of town... looked like a fairly easy job until I took the old one piece american standard toilets out and found a broken flange and another one with probably a 5 pounds worth of putty on the floor..... I guess some...
  17. Master Plumber Mark

Idiots buying water softeners on Amazon.....

I get a call a few days ago from some pushy kind of guy wanting to know what it would cost to install a fleck water softener he bought on Amazon... The parts were being shipped to him and he thinks he got a deal at under 600.... I tell him to send me some pictures and I will give him a...
  18. Master Plumber Mark

Power vented water heater for sale..Mid West.....

Anyone in the mid west looking to build a new home might be interested in this product.. I just got my hands on a few of them.... Its a Rheem direct vented power vent water heater in 50 gallon .. It comes with a full factory warranty of 8 years tank... The units was made in jan of...
  19. Master Plumber Mark

Thought you might like this

20. Master Plumber Mark

Lookie at this little beauty I took out today

This little pig was upstairs on the second floor and had ground through the plastic pan and leaked all over the ladies kitchen area down stairs... It would not drain so I had to siphon off the unit from the hot line on top I heard a clunk when I took it out so I knew it was full of indiana...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks