Search results

1. Silledon

Pump pressure

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, just put the same setup back in. Thanks for all the help.
  2. Silledon

Pump pressure

It had two. There was 28 ft. of pipe on it.
  3. Silledon

Pump pressure

The casing is 4 to 5" in diameter. It had a vertical deep well pump that sat directly over the casing before. Of course it wasn't working when we moved in a year and a half ago, so not sure that's really means anything.
  4. Silledon

Pump pressure

Water level is at 21 ft. I have no idea how deep the well is overall, but we were hitting some sort of sludge at around 28 - 30 ft.
  5. Silledon

Pump pressure

So, would I be better off changing the drop pipe size to a more common size?
  6. Silledon

Pump pressure

Why won't anyone work on a Flotec? What about the general workings of a shallow well pump verses a deep well pump?
  7. Silledon

Pump pressure

Can someone explain the basics of the shallow well jet pump verses the deep well jet pump? Why does the deep well have 2 drop pipes and the shallow well only 1? Can I add a jet to the shallow well pump I bought to get it to pull the water up, so I don't have to go buy the deep well pump? I'm...
  8. Silledon

Pump pressure

Oh, well, good to know. Thanks. Any idea how much I should expect to pay for a deep well pump?
  9. Silledon

Pump pressure

Ok, thanks, I'll check it again, but I got off the phone with the well people and they said it sounds like we had a deep well setup before and put in a shallow well setup this time, so that's probably why it's not working. we're pulling water from 21 ft. down, but they said at our elevation...
  10. Silledon

Pump pressure

Ok, thanks. I guess I'll be getting a well tech out to take a look at it then.
  11. Silledon

Pump pressure

So, I took the the pump apart to look at the impeller and it seems to me that it's spinning backwards. Is it possible to wire it so that it spins backwards? Or would it just not spin at all?
  12. Silledon

Pump pressure

There is no priming plug on the pump itself, according to the parts breakdown in the manual. The priming plug is in the discharge line and is 1". I'm going to take the pump apart tonight and see if I can make sure the suction line is filled up that way.
  13. Silledon

Pump pressure

Well, I put water in the priming plug until it came spewing back out. I don't see any way to tell if the suction pipe is full of water. Turned the pump on and nothing, no pressure on the gauge or anything. One question, is it possible for the impeller to spin backwards, wiring it wrong or...
  14. Silledon

Pump pressure

I just looked at the parts breakdown diagram of the pump and it doesn't say anything about a check valve. In the diagram it says the 2 spots where I have the gauge and pressure switch attached are called 'Pipe Plug' 1/4" NPT, what does that mean? My guess after all of this is that either I...
  15. Silledon

Pump pressure

OH, ok, good to know, I was told to fill the lines. So, I should just be able to take the pressure gauge off and fill the pump right there, right?? Yes, got both pump and foot valve at HD, no the foot valve is metal. PVC 1 1/4" and I believe it was rated around 420 psi, I'm sure way above...
  16. Silledon

Pump pressure

Hi, I'm fairly new to wells so please bear with me. We have a well with water at 21 ft., not sure how deep the whole thing is, but it seems that I hit some sludge at about 30 ft. The old pump was producing and we ended up replacing the pump with a FloTech 1HP. We put a new foot valve and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks