Search results

1. Cfipp

Need a Trip Flush Lever/Handle for Odd-Shaped URC Atlas 4490 Tank Hole (Universal Rundle Corp)

I have had the hardest time finding replacement flush handles/trip levers for my old Universal Rundle Corp URC Atlas 4490 toilets. The hole in the tank is oval and handle after handle will not fit into the hole. I finally got "universal replacement" plastic ones and they lasted about a...
  2. Cfipp

Washing Machine Hoses - Ok to Use Teflon Tape?

Is it ok to use teflon tape on the threads when installing new washing machine hoses? Thanks! Carol
  3. Cfipp

Do You Use Plumber's Putty or Silicone under the Escutcheon Deck Plate Rubber Gasket?

I am getting ready to install a new Moen kitchen faucet. It is a single-handle faucet and I will be using an escutcheon deck plate to hide the left and right holes. The deck plate comes with a rubber gasket. The instructions simply say: Place Deck Plate Gasket onto Deck Plate. Firmly snap...
  4. Cfipp

New kitchen faucet install: should silicone grease be used?

I am installing a new kitchen faucet. Do you recommend application of silicone grease to any of the threads? How about the o-rings? About how often should kitchen and bath sink faucets be opened up to reapply silicone grease? Once a year? Twice a year? Is this a routine maintenance you...
  5. Cfipp

What happened to my thread?

Yesterday I posted a thread about a rusty hole on the underside of the sink where the faucet is to be inserted. Today, it is gone! I know it was in this forum. Did it get removed for some reason? Would appreciate any help. Thanks! Carol
  6. Cfipp

Where to get an 8-inch toilet supply line/connector?

I am overhauling my toilets and replacing with all new guts: flush valve, fill valve, flapper, tank-to-bowl gasket, lever/handle - everything! I will also replace the old gray, flexible plastic supply line. The old supply line is 8" long. My house supply pipe is made of CPVC and I don't want...
  7. Cfipp

Valve Box Too Low - Should I Stack Boxes?

The top of my valve box is flush with the ground. Please see photos below. After a few rains, it ends up with about an inch or more of dirt over the top. You can see the dirt I already dug out around it today just to get photos. Questions: 1 - Should I stack a second box on top? Are there...
  8. Cfipp

Which part do I need to connect new pipe to existing pipe?

I’m doing things backwards – I just laid a lot of sod and now realize I need to expand my irrigation to add an additional head. The area along my driveway is serviced by only two popup spray heads (#1 and #2 in the photos below) and they are inadequate. I would like to extend the piping and...
  9. Cfipp

Hunter Spray Head - More than 360?

I'm overhauling my irrigation system and I just bought some new Hunter 4" Pro-Spray bodies with green PDC-12A nozzles (stands for Precision Distribution Control, 12' radius/distance). I have installed the bodies and flushed them, and started putting in the nozzles. The nozzle is supposed to be...
  10. Cfipp

How to Repair/Replace Vacuum Breaker on Outside Hose Bibb?

The vacuum breakers on all of my outdoor hose bibbs are leaking. The house is about 19 years old and the manufacturer of the hose bibbs is NIBCO. The water is leaking out at the vacuum breaker (VB), above where the garden hose screws on. So no matter how tightly I screw on the hose or if I...
  11. Cfipp

Garage Door Wall Button Console - How to Open or Remove? (photos)

I have an Overhead Door Python Chain Glide, Model OCG750 garage door opener that was installed in 1995. The wall button is working only intermittently. (The remotes work fine.) My problem is that I can't figure out how to open the wall button console or remove the console so that I can test it...
  12. Cfipp

Old Eljer Silette Toilet - How to remove the seat?

This toilet is about 30 years old and the seat has some unsightly stains, so we would like to replace it. I need help getting the seat off. There are two bolts that attach the seat to the porcelain. The are domed, single-slot bolts that you use a flathead screwdriver to remove. One turns...
  13. Cfipp

Water Shutoff Knob Won't Turn

Forgive me in advance for mangling the plumbing terminology. :( I am trying to replace the guts in one of my Mom's toilets. Her home was built in 1980. The water supply line turn-on/shut-off valve knob will NOT turn. It is currently turned all the way ON (all the way open) and when I...
  14. Cfipp

Old Eljer Silette

This photo below is a toilet that was installed in my mother's home in 1980. (Yes, 28 years ago!) It is an Eljer Silette model. The problem with the toilet is that it will not stop filling. Only when I lift up on the float ball will it stop filling. I think the plunger in the float valve is...
  15. Cfipp

Eljer - Flapper Problem

I have an old Eljer Watersaver Low Tank One Piece Closet (toilet) from in my home that was built in 1980. The model is the Windsor model. The problem is the flapper. It will not close all the way after the toilet is flushed. It is not the chain; the chain is NOT in the way and not...
  16. Cfipp

Old Eljer Low Tank One-Piece Toilet - Water Not Filling Bowl

I am trying to help my mom. Her house was built in 1980 and she has an Eljer Watersaver Low Tank One Piece Closet (toilet). I have the original installation manual. The problem is that the bowl does not fill completely after a flush. It fills about 1/3 full. A second flush fills it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks