Search results

1. G

Pump Selection

Followup In case anyone was wondering what I found to be the case. While pulling the sections of 2" galvanized drop pipe, we started seeing small areas that had corroded through and appeared to be seeping and a couple clear pinholes and were thinking that if you added them all up they could...
  2. G

Bottom of Pump / Bottom of Well

What, pray tell, is a flow inducer shroud, and where do I get one? I would much rather filter out the sediment at the top than have to clean out the casing unless this approach were to cause pump problems. I could not see a mud line on the motor, and that was my fear that the motor would...
  3. G

Bottom of Pump / Bottom of Well

How much room should there be between the bottom of a pump and the bottom of the well? In 97 we measured the bottom of the well at 384' and the pump was sitting at the end of 17pcs of 2" galvanized = 357', with water at 240'. Now, using a very sophisticated $9.95 fishing line counter, the...
  4. G

Pump Selection

a little more info Thanks for the input everyone. 1) Is a leak in the down pipe is more likely than a worn out pump? Both were new when installed in Aug 1997. 2) The amp draw while running varied from 16.1 to 16.9 per leg which is pretty close to what i got when the pump & motor were new -...
  5. G

Pump Selection

I have a Goulds 33GS pump with a Franklin 5 HP 3 phase motor that was installed in my well (static water at 240 ft, pump at 367 ft, 5000 gal pressure tank, on at 30 off at 50, want apx 35 gpm) with new 2" galvanized pipe and wiring in 1997. I was working near the well site one day recently and...