Search results

1. C

Musty smell from shower overflow

No linkage available . I did spray bleach down in the overflow and down the drain and just let it sit overnight then ran water. So far it seems to have helped. I’m going to continue to do it once a week for a bit.
  2. C

Closed the drain all day after I bleached it. Opened it up and within 10 mins smells awful. I think it’s getting worse.
  3. C

A few observations- I closed the pop up drain overnight and no smell. I opened it about 30 minutes ago and it now smells. It’s odd because when I put my nose to the drain itself it doesn’t seem to smell strongest there (but at the overflow) however, closing the drain seems to contain the smell...
  4. C

Here is the back side of the tub behind the access panel. The back side of the tub is a closet. The tub is sort of in an alcove. Not sure where I could add an actual vent so I was thinking an AAV but not sure if there’s even enough room?
  5. C

Me look at post three? Drum trap is gone. That’s what was there for last 70+ years. Tub overflow is in tub. It’s an old cast iron tub. Probably 70+ years old.
  6. C

Sorry behind meant behind tub which is where drain and trap are. The AAV would have to go after the trap correct?
  7. C

No vent for tub and no easy way to install. There never was though. It was galvanized pipes and the tub had a drum trap. Wondering if AAV would work here?
  8. C

We live in the city and have a sewer. There is a big cast iron vent stack and that goes to the waste pipe. The toilet always connected that way they just added a new drain pipe for the toilet but the old galvanized pipes came in on each side of the toilet pipe. Of course I don’t have before...
  9. C

photo 5856 is the two drains shower( left side of photo) and sink (right side) converging and going into the toilet drain which is in the middle with the waste pipe and vent stack behind. There is a trap for sure under the tub. The blurry picture is of the trap from behind the tub area. I...
  10. C

Musty smell from shower overlfow

I thought I posted this already but I can’t find it. Apologies if this is a repost. 2 months ago when renovating our kitchen below our main bath, we replaced the old galvanized drain pipes with pvc. They couldn’t remove the old cast iron vent/drain pipe so that stayed. They replaced the bathtub...
  11. C

When looking at the first picture the left is the tub drain and the right side is the sink, they meet together and go to the toilet/main line
  12. C

Just about 2 months ago, we renovated our kitchen below our bathroom. We used to opportunity to replace the old galvanized drain pipes and old barrel p trap for our bathtub with pvc. This was done by the plumber sub my contractor uses. Everything went pretty smoothly except for starting a few...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks