Search results

1. Jedi

Toilet Flange

My old toilet flange was a lead pipe with a metal ring slipped over it and the lead pipe edge bent over it. Because I've removed the old tile and mortar bed I cut the lead pipe a replaced the flange ring with a plastic one that has a bit of a tapered cone shape in the middle. Is this okay or...
  2. Jedi

Bathroom Reno Gone Terribly Wrong

I did my research, bought all the best products, start to gut the bathroom today and this is what I find. The outside wall is totally disintegrating. In some places you can see the stucco. The house is 55 years old and the walls consist of drywall, strapping, fiber board, insulation with...
  3. Jedi

Bathroom Exhaust Fan

I'm remodeling my bathroom and one of the first things I'll be replacing is the exhaust fan. My home is a 1 story home and I have a stair case up to the attic which is just insulation and about 6' tall in the middle. Today I went up there and was surprised to find that I have a double ceiling...
  4. Jedi

Tub install

I've bought a new air tub and it is mounted onto a large flat piece of OSB which has 3 additional strips of OSB under it at the back and 2 additional strips in the front. I've read that mounting a tub in a bed of mortar is the best. Do I just add mortar between the front strips and the back...
  5. Jedi

Subfloor thickness

I'm renovating my bathroom and have a question regarding the sub floor. Currently there is vinyl on top and ceramic tile in a bed of concrete underneath and the original sub floor is 1x6 laid diagonally over the floor joists. Any suggestions on how to remove the old tile flooring? I will also...
  6. Jedi

Toto Aquia

I'm debating between getting either the Toto Aquia or the Toto Drake. I like the Drake for it's G-max flushing system and good reviews and my wife likes the the Toto Aquia for it's looks. I really like the dual flush feature of the Aquia but looking at the inside of the bowl I'm concerned...
  7. Jedi

Bathroom Reno

In the next few weeks I plan to start renovating my bathroom. I'm planning to strip it down to the studs and replace everything new. I'm pretty handy but have no formal experience doing this kind of stuff. Are there any books that you guys can recommed? I'm sure I'll be popping in here with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks