Search results

1. P

Preferred P-Trap setup?

I've checked it out and actually there are many "extra" threads. The tapered NPT makes it tight. Dry fit connection with a female is very solid. As far as I could tell, there was no problem with a threaded offset to a new male trap adapter. So I glued it up. It's very solid. Admittedly...
  2. P

Moving Sink Trap Angle....options?

Called Charlotte. They seem kind of on the fence re trap adapter to female - question apparently never came up. But reviewing their products, there doesn't seem much difference between the traditional male and the male trap adapter. I dry fit it and it appears to be a solid and functional way...
  3. P

Thank you. Finally an answer to my dilemma. The threaded ABS connection appears to be robust - plenty of threads. And the preference among most plumbers and homeowners is a poly P Trap. I believe that I am going to extend the existing adapter with ABS to eliminate the slip 45 (almost every...
  4. P

Hi Wayne - I can't seem to get a straight answer on this forum. I'm an electrician by trade and appreciate your posts on Mike Holt. I have a standard trap adapter at wall under kitchen sink. I need a jog to the left and a slip 45 is not allowed after trap (only one slip is allowed). I was...
  5. P

Preferred P-Trap setup?

Tubular. But tubular ABS, or Tubular Polypropylene plastic? Or maybe it doesn't matter.
  6. P

Preferred P-Trap setup?

Why cut? Why not screw on a female NPT to Glue on to the existing trap adapter, and then glue in a 45 to an additional Trap Adapter?
  7. P

Preferred P-Trap setup?

Have trap adapter at wall. Need a 45 elbow to align P-Trap with disposal. Here are the options - which is best: 1. Trap Adapter - ABS Female NPT to Glue - ABS Straight Glue - ABS 45 Elbow Glue - Charlotte P-Trap w/ glued trap arm and slip compression at trap. 2. Trap Adapter - ABS Female...
  8. P

What is wrong here?

OK - I will answer myself. Starting from the Marvel: ABS Female NPT/Glue Slip - ABS Straight - ABS 45 Elbow - ABS Straght - ABS 90 Elbow - ABS P-Trap with compression fittings.
  9. P

What is wrong here?

I don't understand how to incorporate a glued fitting. The Marvel has a compression inlet. The drain pipe that I see is plastic (not glued). I do not see a PVC trap arm for sale (the say PVC but the description is all polypropylene). What would seem ideal is from Marvel - slip joint - PVC -...
  10. P

What is wrong here?

It works like a charm - no noise, super smooth - problem solved. I happened to have a piece of downspout laying around which gave me the idea.
  11. P

What is wrong here?

Thank you. Would you connect RO with a Y at the DW inlet? Also, how do I eliminate a slip nut? Glued PVC? You're not going to ask about the piece of downspout? Perfect channel for the faucet weight!
  12. P

What is wrong here?

I was told that I should not have that elbow after the P-Trap. Is that correct? Also, the location of the RO drain is not good. I was going to put a loop in the 3/8 RO drain under the wall tube and then back in the top. That way no sewer gas can escape to the air gap (i.e., the RO drain has...
  13. P

How do I plumb this drain?

Are you telling me that that is a 1 1/4" marvel connector and that is why it will not slide in?
  14. P

How do I plumb this drain?

The contractors installed the drain inlet connector shown below (pic 1). Is it correct? A straight drain pipe (wall tube) with a removable compression fitting will not insert and connect to that inlet (pic 2). It will stay lose and fall out with minimal pressure. A pipe (wall tube) with a...
  15. P

Air Gap Location

I have a left/rear offset disposal with DW to the left of the sink. Drain in wall at center of cabinet. The Insikerater has the DW and Drain inlet and outlet on the same side. So If I rotate it to face drain, my DW inlet also faces drain toward center of cabinet. Where do I put the air gap...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks