Search results

1. N

Advice for spring fed, low capacity surface well (or cistern?), 0.5 - 1.5 gpm replenishment

Unfortunately, I think the well is too shallow for a submersible. Could I do a pump down float in the spring? Something like this? https://rainharvestingsupplies.com/double-float-master-pump-down-switch-15-cable-without-plug/ Storage cistern would open the solenoid valve when the pump up...
  2. N

Advice for spring fed, low capacity surface well (or cistern?), 0.5 - 1.5 gpm replenishment

This is very helpful - thanks! The cycle sensor seems to cut off the pump as the well reaches a dry point (or where there is rapid cycling). Is there an additional/alternative solution that would prevent a dry well, altogether? What I'm imagining is that the float would trigger the opening of...
  3. N

New homeowner and novice DIY-er with capacity to learn but not a lot of experience. At the very least, I want to know what to discuss with a contractor. We have a low-capacity well just below ground. It is fed by a spring at an estimated 0.5 to 1.5 gpm, depending on rain conditions. Once 50...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks