Search results

1. R

Feedback on a two bathroom drain line

All-- Just to follow up, Wayne's advice was spot on and just passed the rough-in inspection with flying colors. Wayne-- THANK-YOU! If you ever get to Gig Harbor... I owe you a beverage or two. Thanks, Ron
  2. R

Need advice on whole house interior water shut off valve

Great idea!! ... and thank-you. :) I didn't think about pumping out the water from the main supply to buy time to solder. I've used this transfer pump to clear an 80' unground cable TV conduit that had collected water over 15 years so I add fiber in it. Worked like a dream once I added a...
  3. R

Need advice on whole house interior water shut off valve

Hi-- I have a 50+ year old ranch house with a 3/4" copper main supply coming out the slab. It has a sweated gate valve about 5" above slab and then a sweated pressure regulator in-line with 3/4" main line for the rest of the house. The gate valve does not fully shut off (steady dribble) when...
  4. R

Wayne-- Apologies... I misunderstood. A combo it is. Thanks a bunch, :) Ron
  5. R

Got it, need to measure the drain pipe path to make sure it's below 6 ft. Thanks for the pointer on being able to have some flexibility on the angle off vertical for the right Lav inlet. I'm using a 3x3x2 long sweep for the wet vent on the right WC/Lavs into the 3" horizontal drain and will...
  6. R

Wayne, thank-you for your wisdom. :) Yes the only vertical pipes are the 2" wet vent and 1.5" dry vent... and the drop off in the existing 3" stack thru a medium 90 deg elbow. The 2" wet vent off the lavs and it is a 2x2x1.5x1.5 double fixture fitting and the distance from the right WC is 5...
  7. R

All-- Long time reader, first time poster. The expert on this site have been amazing and helpful. I'm doing a remodel on 2 floor ranch with a daylight basement. The floor joists are only 2x10 so I have limited drop and have planned for a 4" drop for 15 feet. What I have is two baths that...
  8. R

Question on DFUs for two valve shower

Hi, first post and long time reader. :) I'm doing a remodel and will have a 3'x6 shower with two shower heads each with their own valves on a 2" drain branch. I'm trying to figure out if that counts as 2 DFUs or 4. The reason is that vertical stack is 2" and I'll have a washer and tub on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks