Search results

1. H

Concrete Cistern Connections

Thanks for the advice. I put a couple more clamps on the plastic fittings and wrapped the galvanized pipe in electrical tape. Hopefully it holds up. Attached is a picture of the set up in my basement. I had a friend help me with all the electrical. Tank is filling now. The well pump runs...
  2. H

I figured I would post some pictures of what I ended up doing for future reference for people. I'm hooking up all the electrical stuff tomorrow and will post a few pictures of that when it is done. This forum has been helpful. Thanks.
  3. H

The 2" fittings on the cistern are at the bottom of the tank one side (see diagram below). I was planning on just using 2" x 1-1/4" reducer couplings along with barb fittings to make the connections into and out of the tank. Is there any reason this wouldn't work? I have a photo attached with...
  4. H

I'll have a submersible pump in the cistern. I have one of the hallmark pumps that has been suggested. It will be set up like the first picture. I'll put it in a sleeve like shown here (https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/lets-talk-inducer-sleeves.78342/#post-570428) and just lay...
  5. H

I have a 3000 gallon concrete cistern being brought to my property in a few days. I'm looking for advice on how to make the connections into and out of the tank. The tank comes with 2" galvanized fittings for the inlet and the outlet. Here is the diagram of the cistern I have coming...
  6. H

Hallmark pump for a cistern?

Great! Thanks for the replies. Ordered the Hallmark 230V 1HP pump from the jungle store. Cistern will be dropped in next week and I'll hook it all up. I'll report back how it goes over the next few months.
  7. H

Hallmark pump for a cistern?

I'm tempted by purchase the Hallmark pump mentioned by Valveman for my cistern, but there are a quite a few negative reviews on Amazon where the pump only works for a few months then gives up the ghost. Anyone had this pump installed with a CSV where it has lasted under normal use for more than...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks