Search results

1. R

Clearwater, FL woman wants a clothes dryer in 3rd (top floor) condo. (Top of the World)

Ha! We always called it 110/220. Thank you. She is on the third floor. Seems like these were apartments converted to condominiums. Theyvill not allow anything run outside. Doubthathey would even allow a dryer vent. She still has not sent a requested photof the panel and where it is...
  2. R

Clearwater, FL woman wants a clothes dryer in 3rd (top floor) condo. (Top of the World)

Called the Building Department. As expected, must be dedicated 220 circuit. Do not khow it can be done without opening drywall unless it can go up from the electrical panel, over and then down the kitchen wall.
  3. R

The dryer would be in the kitchen. Though there is 220 for the electric range/oven, would a dedicated circuit be required for the clothes dryer? She says there is a crawl space between her ceiling and condo roof. Thank you.
  4. R

Clearwater FL woman says condo clothes washer must drain into 3"

Thank you, all. She is thinking the clothes washer in her kitchen will make the condo worth more and easier to sell. But no clothes dryer unless she buys a "No vent" type which refrigerates the hot moisture-laden air to condense out the water that has to be manually poured down a drain...
  5. R

Clearwater FL woman says condo clothes washer must drain into 3"

Correct? (Our 2000 house is 2-inch) She lives on 3rd floor of 3 at Top of the World No clothes washer or dryer place in her condominium. She is using 2nd bedroom closet with washer draining into a 2-inch bathtub pipe. (Don't khow.) Should move ito the kitchen, she was told. Estimate $6,000...
  6. R

Reverse Osmos.is constantly dripping into the floor drain. Can that "waste" water be piped to the back yard?

After everything is shut off I plan to look at the in front yard water meter and see if the meter advances.
  7. R

Reverse Osmos.is constantly dripping into the floor drain. Can that "waste" water be piped to the back yard?

Great information! Thank you. The iSpring Water Systems unit was donated to MED-Stat (volunteers who transport blood to hospitals in emergencies) and uses no power. I was wondering if the brine would damage plants. I do not knowhathe brine contains so was planning to see what happens in the...
  8. R

Good ideas! Thank you. Was considering the tube going to a tree near the back of the house where the tube would exit. Found a hollow area of the kitchen cabinet where the RO unit could possibly fit. Instead of coming up from the basement floor, the cabinet location would produce higher...
  9. R

No metered sewage. Based upon water metereading. Running the Reverse Osmosis waste water into the back yard simply makes use of the waterather than sending it down the sewage pipe. The yard islightly sloped andry. If I had an electric valve, I would connect it to a light timer and have the...
  10. R

Wonder if the dripping water is measured by the front yard below-grade water meter?* Would like to run the 1/4-inch plastic tube to the backyard. Or would the gravity pressure from running it from the basement up to the back yard affect performance? (I may mounthe unit athe basement ceiling...
  11. R

How to drain furnace effluent

With a trickle flow, the oil should remain in the trap, floating on theavier water as the water drains through the oil. We run water through an unused shower's hot and cold water pipes to flush the stagnant water out. The water drains and oil remains in the trap.
  12. R

How to drain furnace effluent

Could you fill the trap with baby oil which will not evaporate? Presumably the slightly acidic effluent will not cause a reaction withe baby oil. Maybe add some baking soda to the trap to neutralize the acidic water.
  13. R

Toilet off level by more than an inch

Does the toilet still work well? If so, I would not expend the time and effort leveling it.
  14. R

I've been replaced. (Foaming toilet bowl cleaner advertisement.)

Splash Foam | Foaming Toilet Cleaner Bowl-cleaner Bob
  15. R

No GFI in any upstairs bathroom. House built in 2000

Surprised thathe little neon tester does not allow enough current to trip the GFCI.
  16. R

How can I tie two [D] circuit breaker handles together? |15|20|

From |15| side of the circuit breaker I brought a dedicated refrigerator #14 cable to thexisting wall outlet wired with #12 from |20| side. (Brought home a fairly new 36" side-by-side refrigerator found athe curb.) Existing #12 in the outlet continues to the other wall outlets in this "enclosed...
  17. R

Live, ice-coated wire falls on SUV. Threelectrocuted. Baby on father's body survives.

We.re never taught. But I would rehearse whato do in such situations so that if it ever happened, I would have better idea what to look for and what to do. In college, as a (AAA) driver instructor, I told students to stay in the car until fire or utility company instructs safe to exit. If car...
  18. R

Live, ice-coated wire falls on SUV. Threelectrocuted. Baby on father's body survives.

https://sentinelcolorado.com/nation-world/nation/a-baby-lived-because-an-oregon-teen-couldnt-stand-by-after-she-saw-3-people-get-electrocuted/?utm_medium=email Majiah Washington is lucky that she was not electrocuted. If possible, I would have driven over,eachedown andragged the man off the...
  19. R

No GFI in any upstairs bathroom. House built in 2000

FOUND IT! (Behind Snoopy® doghouse bubble light nightlight.) Powderoom GFCI outlet protects upstairs bathroom outlets. Little light comes on when GFI is tripped. Now to label the circuit breakers in the outside servicentrance box.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks