Search results

1. M

Converting an old 2" Florida water well into an irrigation well

I don't think the water table is too low here ( Sarasota ) because there's a few mosquito ponds close by. I was under the impression that a 2" submersible pump isn't practical, or do you mean to use it as a lift pump in addition to the new 3/4 hp convertible pump I have now? The well is 2"...
  2. M

Best way to cut this cast iron pipe

Angle grinder where you can easily reach and a sawzall with a carbide non tooth CI blade for the rest. Use pipe dope on the inside of the Fernco, if that's what you're using to connect the new PVC.
  3. M

Redneck plumbing help for dog wash

Clamp on barbes to a T with threads that match your sprayer.
  4. M

Bathroom renovation tile floor question

Schluter Systems
  5. M

Elements good - Still run out of Hot Water

Listen with your ear to the tank. You should hear the elements boiling. You can test both by disconnecting the power or ground to one element at a time.
  6. M

PEX connections on 40 gal electric water heater?

I prefer to use braided Sharkbite hoses to the tank, so the tank can be moved if needed. I use CPVC stubbed out from Pex A ( Uponor ) on threaded couplers. I use threaded ball valve stops on both the cold and hot Pex supplies, before the CPVC. I don't use Sharkbites anywhere else and don't...
  7. M

Converting an old 2" Florida water well into an irrigation well

The well was drilled in 1970 and used a jet pump. It was abandoned around 20+ years ago when the county forced everyone to switch to municipal water. I know nothing about jet pumps and tried to revive it for use as an irrigation well, as I figured that it would be easier then sinking a sand...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks