Search results

1. C

tub caulking won't dry. Slow leak behind wall?

Thanks Geniescience. The closest thing to "silicone" on the label is crystiline slica. You're probably right. Since I've got the wet caulk all pulled out, I ran the water through the shower head and the spout for about 5 mins each. Nothing is seeping out from behind the backerboard and...
  2. C

Thanks guys. GrumpyPlumber, no, it's white tub & tile adhesive caulk. http://dap.com/product_details.aspx?product_id=7
  3. C

I replaced the tiles and wallboard in my shower/tub. I don't think I damaged the existing pipes, but a few months later, all the caulking has turned to soup only in the one back corner at the end where the fixtures are (in the corner, not directly under the taps). I replaced the bead once...
  4. C

hot water vibrates

jadnashua, I forgot to say thanks. I think you were right. There was barely any washer left - crushed to oblivion. I can't believe it deteriorated that fast.
  5. C

hot water vibrates

When I turn on the hot water in my upstairs shower, the pipes start to vibrate momentarily until the valve is wide open. The cold water tap doesn't do that, nor does the sink's hot water valve in the same bathroom. The hot water anywhere else in the house doesn't do it either.... just the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks