Search results

1. Toshbu

Moen Posi Temp Shower Cartridge Valve Plugged

This shower valve is on an exterior wall, covered in Stucco. No access panel. I can tell by looking at the valve through the shower, there are no stops on it. It is a basic 2510. I've recently been to Fergusion and verified that the hole in the bottom of a standard posi-temp valves mixing...
  2. Toshbu

@Reach4 Thanks for your insight! I did check and this valve doesn't have them. I wish it did actually! :) Have a great day!
  3. Toshbu

Thank you for the safety advice Jeff! A very good reminder for sure. With your prompting, I will plan to test full flow without cartridge again. Do I simply place my finger inside the barrel over each of the ports (H & C) to determine if the flow is there? When done initially, I did so by...
  4. Toshbu

Thanks Terry! In this case, the shower worked fine for years. Then sat un-used for several years until I found it wasn't working. Changing the cartridge was my first step, and that didn't resolve. Then I started looking for ways to test the circuit and began my posting on your forum. Thank you...
  5. Toshbu

Hey thanks for the contribution to the discussion Gentlemen. To answer Tuttles Revenge, yes, both hot and cold water, come out of the sides of the valve while the cartridge is removed. I also get both hot and cold out of the shower arm but at a very reduced pressure. This photo shows my...
  6. Toshbu

I see that Moen has a test plug #101975, but I can't find it in stock anywhere. I was thinking that might be another way to flush the tub/shower circuit within the valve. Any thoughts? I was thinking of building one with an existing cartridge by taking out the guts, cutting short and filling...
  7. Toshbu

Hey Jeff, Yes, with the shower head removed, little water comes out of the arm. When we turned on the main, with the cartridge removed, we get full flow shooting across the shower to the back wall from the valve. I've connected air line with 110 PSI through the shower arm, and I get a very...
  8. Toshbu

Hello ETBrown4 and Terry too! Did you get a resolution to this issue? I'm having a similar issue with no significant flow out of the shower arm/neck. We verified the shower head wasn't plugged. Flushed valve body with cartridge removed, even blew air through Shower arm/neck which comes out...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks