Search results

1. Buddy

Diaphragm tank drawdown Q:

I think its probably higher as r kinda seems more like 13-14" it's a fat 119 gal. Either way... the other day we drained to zero and the suspect tank was at around 10psi down from the 24psi last time. This time we pumped up to the 58psi for the 60/80 pressure switch, with a mo better valve cap...
  2. Buddy

there's no water sound like I mentioned or off balance feeling. This last time we drained it to Zero the 2 tanks were both the same empty. The time last year emptying to zero though the problem tank was still heavy feeling as if water was in there but no sound or sloshing feeling. I'm getting...
  3. Buddy

Ya secondary seal for sure and if actual valve is just slightly leaking the cap should stop that. I bought some pretty f'n bomber valve caps with rubber in them.
  4. Buddy

I'm not sure how this diaphragm tank is designed. I can see how with lower air pressure we end up with more water come out when drained to zero. If a bladder tank leaks air from a tear you get water replacing it yes? There's no sound splashing at all. Q: could a diaphragm tank be defective...
  5. Buddy

It does go "thump". There's no splashing sound above the diaphragm when moving the tank empty or full. During our pressure test when empty it only had 24 psi and we got 90 gallons out when draining both tanks out to zero. If the tank lost air then more water was able to enter I figure. Then...
  6. Buddy

NEW PROBLEM with Diaphragm tank. This thread explains the 2 tank system we have but now there is a new issue. We did a shut down and pressure test of the 2 x 119 gal tanks and we got 90 gallons that came out when pressure went to 0 psi. I figure something is wrong as previous drawdown amounts...
  7. Buddy

I realize these pumps can run continually as you and Reach4 are stating but my concern is damage to the pump as the water table is much lower now so running it for 8 minutes compared to 1.5 minutes might be dropping the well level and its sucking air. We don't have an underground lake.
  8. Buddy

When I see they are opening and closing the hydrant below 400' away and 50-60' below, my kitchen faucet goes from 2 Gpm to .5 Gpm and some times Zero. I know it can be stepped down and suggested try a 50' hose even to reduce the flow but they haven't done anything.
  9. Buddy

Yes I've thought that air is being pulled down my line because when I turn a faucet on air is right there coming out. Sometimes its mid stream after a while on too. Another Q I have is I've seen how the lower elevation yard hydrant is being used to fill containers. It has 25 GPM from a bucket...
  10. Buddy

We have 4 properties on the 2 tank system. It works not too bad but I'm farther up a hill. I asked Reach4 this question as well about if there could be air sitting above the water below the diaphragm? We have had an issue with one well user using their yard hydrant to fill up multiple bottles...
  11. Buddy

Yes we charged both ups bit in the spring to 58 each. Last week they were both at 64psi for some reason? We had the same 42 Gal come out in the spring as well. One tank did seem a bit more moveable but might be the fittings. They both had the same condensation and coldness level not too high up...
  12. Buddy

Can anyone tell me what the drawdown should be for 2 -119 Gallon diaphragm pressure tanks? We have a 60/80 pressure switch. We turned off pump and drained it out and got about 42 Gallons. Does that seem about right?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks