Search results

1. Sethro

Centrifugal Pump Pressure

So, I hooked the pump up directly to the river and the pump acted the same as hooked up to the well. Even dropping pressure to the mid 20’s on occasion before building back up. It seems pretty logical that the pump just isn’t capable of any more than it’s providing.
  2. Sethro

I like the idea of testing the pump, so I’ll pump directly out of the river and see what happens. I have a suction line I can make work for that. If I had an air leak on the suction side, wouldn’t that be all the time and not show up after several minutes of pumping water? My gut feeling is...
  3. Sethro

So, I was pumping water yesterday for an extended time. Right off the bat it was running 3 sprinklers at maintaining 34-35psi. After a while, the pressure slowly fell to 25-30psi and the pump/tank was kind of wobbling. It maintains that but doesn’t go higher even when I shut outflow off...
  4. Sethro

I have a 1.5hp centrifugal pump (Flotec sprinkler pump) that is probably 25 years old, though rarely used. It came with the house when I bought it. Last year I decided to drive a sand point and put the pump to use. I live along a river, and the well is in my boathouse which sits about 6 feet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks