Search results

1. belewmoon

Priming point for shallow well pump

Good observation Sir! It was suggested to go with pipe the size of the pump suction port i.e. 1 1/4". What say ye?
  2. belewmoon

Can I use this PEX for all piping or just from well to pump? We're talking 1 1/4" here...
  3. belewmoon

Sorry, not finished job. Latest pics are of current piping. It'll be awhile but I will post back when I re-do this monstrosity...
  4. belewmoon

New guy here with a few questions

I'm takin' you up on that! What's your location?
  5. belewmoon

Well, you're certainly up late...from your earlier request I posted pics on 18 Feb & you replied twice after that. Let me know what other pics you would like. I know what I need to do now...just need to do it. 1. Replace copper pipe in ground with 1 1/4" from well to pump. 2. Delete priming...
  6. belewmoon

Good on ya' Gary. I posted after your original post but before your edits. I don't have a softener. Not sure what a "air injection iro/H2S gas filter or air pump system" is. I get my hot water from an oil fired furnace. I understand this point. When I install the new pump, I was going to...
  7. belewmoon

Since my run from well to pump is less than 35' (well (20') + well to house (15')) I think I will wait until spring to replace anything in the ground. As a temporary measure, when I install the pump I will use 1 1/4" copper from where the pipe enters the basement to the pump. Since I am...
  8. belewmoon

Gary, pumpman mentioned suction line size & height of priming ports? Which one are you referring to? The suction port of the pump is 1 1/4". I should run 1 1/4" from well to pump? The discharge port is 3/4". Yes, it's a 2-pin lamp. I replace everything (lamp, o-rings, quartz & filter)...
  9. belewmoon

Yup, it's ugly & has been thru surgury many times. The copper pipe runs thru the basement foundation to the well which is about 10' away on the other side of the foundation. I have dug that pipe up before looking for a leak which was eventually found to be in the well. Your suggestion is to...
  10. belewmoon

Where's Slusser when you REALLY need him?! Anyways, I live in MD & if you remember the mid-atlantic got hit with snow, ice & freezing rain. 90,000 people without power. I was without power for 24 hours & without internet for 36 hours. Add to that I was attending an intensive 4 day Microsoft boot...
  11. belewmoon

Thanks for keeping me on my toes. To be honest, I just haven't got around to the pics yet. Since I see there is still some interest I will make it a higher priority.
  12. belewmoon

Glad to see you're still here. Yes, pics will be soon...no Super Bowl so should be this weekend.
  13. belewmoon

Items that need to be fixed: 1. Delete priming point on suction end. Keep point on top of pump. 2. Copper pipe in ground. Change to pvc or cpvc. 3. Water hammer. Put T at bottom of tank to create straighter flow. 4. Change pipes to all pvc or cpvc? Currently starts pvc after pump & then...
  14. belewmoon

Raucina, thanks for the info. That's good to know. I wouldn't be able to replace that copper pipe until spring. The ground is frozen right now. Just to clarify...pipe in ground should be pvc or cpvc...what should pipe be in the shallow well? Should I keep it pvc/cpvc?
  15. belewmoon

Sam, thanks for replying. I'm not trying to prime the system. I am getting ready to replace the pump & want to make sure the system is piped correctly. Sounds like it isn't. I think I will remove the suction priming point & leave the priming point on top of the pump.
  16. belewmoon

bob, did you see this: In the pic "Pipe from well coming into basement" there is a priming point on the top of the copper pipe. Let me know if you can see the top of the copper pipe in that pic. Even if you can't see it very well, it's just a plug in the pipe. I realize it's kind of far away...
  17. belewmoon

I hope it's not a pool pump! There was originally a Flotec 3/4hp pump on there that got ate up by sand going thru it. We replaced it with the Sears 3/4hp pump. It pretty much matches the Flotec in design. I don't know, maybe the original installer put the wrong pump on & we just followed his...
  18. belewmoon

That cutoff part is actually the priming point. You can see it better in the "Tank and pump" pic. In the pic "Pipe from well coming into basement" there is a priming point on the top of the copper pipe. I will take pics of the suction side of the pump.
  19. belewmoon

Water Hammer

Interesting video. Thanks for linking...
  20. belewmoon

A few pics. Need any other angles just let me know. And thanks for your patience... You can see the priming points in the photos. Priming point before the pump is in the "pipe from well" photo. Priming point after the pump is in the "Sears 3/4hp" photo. Notice in the "tank and pump" photo...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks