Search results

1. Chiperific

What would you call this PVC "loop" / "horseshoe" thing?

Agreed, the whole thing could be described a "trap", but it feels reversed/upsidedown from a usual trap. I get that there is a weir function and the trapway in the toilet is a great visual comparison (to @LLigetfa 's credit). Yeah, "air trap" does make more sense, I just have a hard time...
  2. Chiperific

The flow rate through the sand is slow enough that it never fills the whole volume of the 1/2" pipe with water (no slug). The flow to the bottom bucket is a small stream at best. So the water just stops at the bottom of the ID of the horizontal pipe. Yes, the outlet way out-paces the inlet...
  3. Chiperific

Ok, yeah, I can see that. Kudos for technical terms! However, is this really a trap? It's not filled with water to block air. Only the right-side leg with the drilled end-cap would have any standing water once the water level drops below the horizontal pipe. Is there anything that would better...
  4. Chiperific

Evolution Bathtub fitting, What specifically am I looking for here?

I got one just like that! The water overflow on a soaking bathtub is on top of this ridge. It's here at Lowes. You can even see the 3 holes. A/S Evolution Tub
  5. Chiperific

Hi, turning to the pros for help finding a good descriptive name for this 1/2-inch PVC horse-shoe-like fixture. This is a 3-stage water filter that my organization developed for use in rural communities in the developing world. It's made from common PVC components, two 5 gallon buckets, and a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks