Search results

1. bow

Crimp vs. Uponor

Oh wow. If those details are right, sounds like I should ditch the solid red pipe and replace it with the clear one with red writing. Thanks for the info Reach4! -bow
  2. bow

Cracks forming next to plastic Uponor fittings

To Reach4's point, they are the black plastic fittings. And the fittings are fine -- no cracks. It's just the expanded red pipe around the fitting that has cracks.
  3. bow

All fittings are poly (black plastic) -bow
  4. bow

I think you're right Jeff ! At first I thought it was just a single failure that maybe my father-in-law accidentally expanded bad (he's getting old :)) Then it happened again.... and it seemed fishy. But now that I've had 3 leaks (that screwed my dry-wall) and around 8 fittings that...
  5. bow

Hey breplum, thanks for the response! Like I mentioned, our house was torn down to the studs and completely remodeled in 2014. ALL brand new Uponor PEX and Uponor fittings. First failure happened March 2019. My father-in-law was the licensed plumbing contractor to install it -- he has since...
  6. bow

I am in San Diego, so it does get hot on occasion. However, I imagine the pipe itself is normally on the warmer side since its the hot water? But yah, that is kinda weird the yellowing. Good idea on the sensor. -bow
  7. bow

Crimp vs. Uponor

Hey breplum, Any update on this. I am struggling with the same thing as my house. I competely remodeled it in 2014 and put in a bunch of PEX. The hot (red) water line has been getting cracks by all the fittings. I JUST repaired one last night -- I am up to 8 repairs now! Happening right at...
  8. bow

thanks Jeff! I’ll check that out! -bow
  9. bow

I know this post was from last year, but I am experiencing the exact same issue. House completely remodeled in 2014 and my PEX started getting pin point cracks, on the hot, at the plastic connectors. I’ve had to replace 8 holes now… YES, 8. Happens right at fitting!!! I keep chasing it...