Search results

1. Jesse Okiror

Island loop vent not draining

I just wanted to check things before we put the stone in the island. I’d done some research on island loops and the vent was on my checklist. Planned to pour some water in and watch it drain but water was already in there.
  2. Jesse Okiror

Is this bad?! Yes, it needs fixing.

I’m actually in Desoto, TX. I know that AAV doesn’t pass code here because that was our first plan and the inspector rejected it lol. But then he passed this other setup for the island loop. Appreciate what I’m learning today about inspections. It is what it is at this point. Gonna put the...
  3. Jesse Okiror

Okay, two things: 1) the plumber said he’d install an “inline studor vent” to make sure there’s plenty of venting. Said nothing about caping the current vent. So two ways to vent. 2) this current setup passed inspection. In my mind that means the work was good. Am I thinking about inspections...
  4. Jesse Okiror

thanks! I was worried about this and you are correct that the vent doesn’t connect to the drain
  5. Jesse Okiror

This is what I was afraid of. Thanks!
  6. Jesse Okiror

Plumber installed an island loop with this setup. He says it was done this way because connecting the vent back to the drain would cause more damage to the slab (this is a reno and we had to cut about a foot deep into the slab to make this happen). What problems am I looking at down the road?
  7. Jesse Okiror

Actually, the plumber just comforted that he did this setup. Starting another thread asking how bad it is
  8. Jesse Okiror

There was a wall there originally. We took out the well and the plumber cut the slab back to another wall and ran the vent up that wall
  9. Jesse Okiror

I had an island loop installed with my kitchen reno. I opened the vent side cleanout and water poured out. Then there was standing water up to level of the cleanout. So the vent side of the loop isn’t draining. The drain side is draining though. This shouldn’t be possible if the loop was done...