Search results

1. bryan_o

Well Pump Constantly Running

Quick update: I realized the pressure tank was waterlogged so I replaced it along with a new CV and tee, and my problems are gone. The pump no longer cycles every few minutes. As I understand, I need to retain the CV at the tank due to Connecticut's regulations. I also wanted to thank you...
  2. bryan_o

I replaced the o-ring on the pitless with one I found at a local True Value (along with some silicone grease as you advised) and now the tank pressurizes up to 60psi and the switch turns off. However, it slowly loses pressure and the pump will turn back on after 2-3 minutes. It's about 15...
  3. bryan_o

Just removed the well cap and sure enough, there is an absolutely massive leak which appears to be right below the pitless adapter. I cannot believe it, this has been going on for at least a few months now. I'm heading to Lowes to buy a new pitless and some threaded pipe to try and replace it...
  4. bryan_o

Indeed it is a submersible pump, and I appreciate your response. As you mentioned, there is a check valve coming off the pressure tank. I thought that since replacing that valve is easy, it could be worth a shot before trying to pull the drop pipe out. I can hear what sounds like an air leak...
  5. bryan_o

Hello all, I've lived in my house for 6 years and have recently noticed a constant noise (sounds like water running) coming from the top of the well outside. I've also noticed that as soon as I turn off power to my well pump, the pressure on the pressure tank immediately drops from 40psi to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks